• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Flamencology
    View Post

The mean streets must have been given you a hard time, is all I'm saying:

Busy Body.

Do you feel "Right" now?
    Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Navigator
      View Post

I was there. Though I was a little too young to take the pop bottles to the store by myself too often before they quit selling pop in bottles.

Ways to stretch ground beef:

Sloppy Joes

Taco night

Hamburger + macaroni + green pepper + brown gravy mix (i.e., Hamburger Helper was too expensive)

Meatloaf

Chipped beef and gravy on toast (**************** on a single) was another popular "money's tight this month" meal.

Had all those on a regular basis. My favorite though was "pigs in the blanket" which my Mom made with a mixture of rice and ground beef wrapped in cabbage and baked with Cambells tomato soup. Another favorite was turkey gizzards, livers and hearts stewed up and served with gravy and potatoes. We ate good back then for sure, nothing fancy but "stick to your ribs" kind of meals.

Comment

View Post

I was there. Though I was a little too young to take the pop bottles to the store by myself too often before they quit selling pop in bottles.

Ways to stretch ground beef:

Sloppy Joes

Taco night

Hamburger + macaroni + green pepper + brown gravy mix (i.e., Hamburger Helper was too expensive)

Meatloaf

Chipped beef and gravy on toast (**************** on a single) was another popular "money's tight this month" meal.

Had all those on a regular basis. My favorite though was "pigs in the blanket" which my Mom made with a mixture of rice and ground beef wrapped in cabbage and baked with Cambells tomato soup. Another favorite was turkey gizzards, livers and hearts stewed up and served with gravy and potatoes. We ate good back then for sure, nothing fancy but "stick to your ribs" kind of meals.

Comment

View Post

And its not like their aren't rough parts of the suburbs.

There were a few back then but now it's a lot worse, I never had a problem in Harvey, Dixmoor, Robbins, Markham or anywhere else but Dolton and Riverdale got kind of bad at least 15 years ago. As kids me and my friends always heard that if the cops in Dolton picked you up they'd take you two blocks north and drop you off in Altgeld Gardens which scared the **************** out of us cause that was really not a good neighborhood at the time, still isn't from what I hear, 138th and Indiana Avenue mother****************ers.

Comment

View Post

And its not like their aren't rough parts of the suburbs.

There were a few back then but now it's a lot worse, I never had a problem in Harvey, Dixmoor, Robbins, Markham or anywhere else but Dolton and Riverdale got kind of bad at least 15 years ago. As kids me and my friends always heard that if the cops in Dolton picked you up they'd take you two blocks north and drop you off in Altgeld Gardens which scared the **************** out of us cause that was really not a good neighborhood at the time, still isn't from what I hear, 138th and Indiana Avenue mother****************ers.

Comment

View Post

Burgers for the laziest unambitious indiscriminate undiscerning impatient underachievers on the planet.

That be me!

To make matters worse, we use ground turkey instead of hamburger.

We love the damn things....almost as much a my 'special' macaroni and cheese dish...one box of macaroni and cheese (obscure house brand will do in a pinch, doesn't have to be Kraft...we ain't corksniffers when it comes to our mac & cheese goop), one can of white Albacore tuna (squeeze the water out onto two saucers for the cats, they think it's a super treat....dumb cats!), a handfull of frozen peas, (thawed in a strainer with hot faucet water), and if we're feeling really posh, we'll toss in a few chopped onions.

Comment

View Post

Burgers for the laziest unambitious indiscriminate undiscerning impatient underachievers on the planet.

That be me!

To make matters worse, we use ground turkey instead of hamburger.

We love the damn things....almost as much a my 'special' macaroni and cheese dish...one box of macaroni and cheese (obscure house brand will do in a pinch, doesn't have to be Kraft...we ain't corksniffers when it comes to our mac & cheese goop), one can of white Albacore tuna (squeeze the water out onto two saucers for the cats, they think it's a super treat....dumb cats!), a handfull of frozen peas, (thawed in a strainer with hot faucet water), and if we're feeling really posh, we'll toss in a few chopped onions.

Comment

You kids don't know rough. What you guys consider nice upscale northside neighborhoods today was once run by Puerto Rican and Hillbilly gangs. The Addison Police station was always packed. We had to run everywhere because we didn't want to get jumped by The Royals or The Latin Eagles. This was before your time. I was there.

Comment

You kids don't know rough. What you guys consider nice upscale northside neighborhoods today was once run by Puerto Rican and Hillbilly gangs. The Addison Police station was always packed. We had to run everywhere because we didn't want to get jumped by The Royals or The Latin Eagles. This was before your time. I was there.

Comment

Sloppy Joes? Ha. I'd like to see Flamencology in a Turkish concentration camp without his nutritionist and masseuse.

Comment

Sloppy Joes? Ha. I'd like to see Flamencology in a Turkish concentration camp without his nutritionist and masseuse.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
                          View Post

........and Hillbilly gangs.

Earnest T. Bass and the Dillards?

Comment

View Post

........and Hillbilly gangs.

Earnest T. Bass and the Dillards?

Comment

View Post

You kids don't know rough. What you guys consider nice upscale northside neighborhoods today was once run by Puerto Rican and Hillbilly gangs.

Lincoln Park has always been considered upscale no? Isn't that where you went to high school? Couldn't have been too bad.

Comment

View Post

You kids don't know rough. What you guys consider nice upscale northside neighborhoods today was once run by Puerto Rican and Hillbilly gangs.

Lincoln Park has always been considered upscale no? Isn't that where you went to high school? Couldn't have been too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X