X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Navigator
    View Post

You win at poverty and hardship, Jimmy. No need to showboat.

View Post

I grew up in a paycheck-to-paycheck situation in the working class suburbs of Chicago.

View Post

Life wasn't that harsh, but we didn't really have a lot of money all the time. And, because the suburbs are designed to be removed from the city, yr kinda stuck in them. And its not like their aren't rough parts of the suburbs.

Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

View Post

You win at poverty and hardship, Jimmy. No need to showboat.

View Post

I grew up in a paycheck-to-paycheck situation in the working class suburbs of Chicago.

View Post

Life wasn't that harsh, but we didn't really have a lot of money all the time. And, because the suburbs are designed to be removed from the city, yr kinda stuck in them. And its not like their aren't rough parts of the suburbs.

Comment

If Billy Elliot had been set in the black projects, it could have been called Jammity!.

Comment

If Billy Elliot had been set in the black projects, it could have been called Jammity!.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flamencology
            View Post

Put a cork in it Sloppy Joe Elitist.

Comment

View Post

Comment

Wow, sounds familiar at my house growing up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump
                View Post

If you grew up like I did it sure was better than when your Mom had to make you American cheese on white bread sandwiches for dinner and before having sloppy joes for dinner she sent you to the store with a couple of returnable pop bottles and a handful of change to get the ingredients. True story.

Comment

View Post

If you grew up like I did it sure was better than when your Mom had to make you American cheese on white bread sandwiches for dinner and before having sloppy joes for dinner she sent you to the store with a couple of returnable pop bottles and a handful of change to get the ingredients. True story.

Comment

View Post

Comment

View Post

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
                        View Post

The mean streets must have been given you a hard time, is all I'm saying:

View Post

When I was a little kid around 6-7, that's the tune we sang on roof tops with all the choreography. Me and MJ go way back.

And when you bring the dolls into it... kids can be so cruel, it couldn't have been easy.

Comment

View Post

View Post

When I was a little kid around 6-7, that's the tune we sang on roof tops with all the choreography. Me and MJ go way back.

And when you bring the dolls into it... kids can be so cruel, it couldn't have been easy.

Comment

sloppy joe's what?
                            The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

sloppy joe's what?
                              The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

View Post

Busy Body.

Do you feel "Right" now?

Comment

Working...
                                X