Corey Christianson: Quartal Harmony

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Christianson: Quartal Harmony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLrTbdr9mQ

Showed up on my youtube selections. I am starting to like the suggestions google makes for me.

Dood....people in GJ watch bands that try to make G chords cool. Quartal harmony here is like butsecks in a zoo....people are horrified.

But I love it and use it all the time. Ted Greene was a genius with it.
    "Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks to this thread, I just read the Wikipedia article on quartal and quintal harmony. I knew the concept, and I've messed around with Robert Fripp's New Standard tuning, but not by the specific name of quartal harmony. I'm actually working on a track right now that uses non-resolving suspended chords almost exclusively, albeit within a traditional major/minor key melodic framework.
      Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 3shiftgtr
        View Post

Dood....people in GJ watch bands that try to make G chords cool. Quartal harmony here is like butsecks in a zoo....people are horrified.

So is that how you feel about spectral harmony?

Comment

corey christiansen is cool. i went to one of his master classes a few years back. hes great, but doesnt have many amazingly inventive ideas. hes just super solid.
          Originally Posted by yabba

edit: it goes against my principles to say it, but - 'what jazz hands said'

Comment

Working...
          X