Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like this guitar and is it worth $1300?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like this guitar and is it worth $1300?

Taylor

Taylor SolidBody Custom Walnut (SBC-1), (front-1) (front-2), (back), (headstock), (features), (case).  For those of you who haven't had the joy of playing one of Taylor's fine line of solidbody guitars you might want to consider this one. Taylor has never been guilty of chasing all the latest trends and they waited around 30 years before building their first solidbody models. The line consists of 3 basic models, the Classic, the Standard, and this top of the line Custom with a beautifully figured and bookmatched walnut top, diamond pattern inlays, and ivoroid binding. Features include with beveled single-cutaway sapele body with contoured back; sapele neck with ebony fretboard 15" fretboard radius; 22 frets; Taylor-designed hardtail aluminum bridge; single bolt "T-lock" neck joint Taylor standard tuners; 24.875" scale; 1.6875" nut; Progressive Diamond Pattern inlays; neck and body purfling; gloss finish on body, neck, and headstock.  Electronics consist of pair of Taylor "Style I" humbuckers with a master volume and a special master tone that acts like a traditional control for first two-thirds while the last third peaks the mids. 5-way switching consists of: 1-Full neck pickup; 2-Inside coils of the neck and bridge in parallel (skinny neck tones); 3-Full neck pickup with the inside coil of the bridge pickup; 4-Inside coil of each pickup in series (fuller and fatter than position 2); 5-Full bridge pickup.  This model retails for $3098, selling discounted for $2299.  This one appears to have seen little to no playing time and looks like a new floor model - but for $1000 less than new.  $1299(HOLD-Rob C 1/15) takes it.  Includes Taylor case that hugs the body on all sides.  

Attached Files
    www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

No, and certainly not.

Comment

That one is a beauty!  They did a fantastic job bookmatching the grain on the body.  I'd love to hear it!

Comment

• tiger roach
        tiger roach commented
        Editing a comment
        It isn't ugly...

Back in the day I would have loved that look. Now I'd rather have something plainer.

Doesn't look very nice to me.

Father William.
      Divinely Inspired.

Darkness doesn't look for victims, it looks for volunteers. - Armitage

Comment

• Shine-ei
        Shine-ei commented
        Editing a comment

I personally would not pay that for that guitar, not becuase that guitar isn't nice or built well, just because I don't like the way it looks. You can find nicer guitars for way less if you look hard enough. If that's your dream guitar, then go for it, but keep in mind you can have something absolutely killer for half that price. I've never paid over $600 for a guitar. 

I would use it for the guitar that I pour lighter fluid on and torch at the end of a great show.

Holy **bleep** the emoticons suck on this forum.

:robotindifferent:

Comment

• Calum
        Calum commented
        Editing a comment

It's ok but a bit too Thomas Chippendale for me. 

fanuvbrak wrote:

Taylor

Taylor SolidBody Custom Walnut (SBC-1), (front-1) (front-2), (back), (headstock), (features), (case).  For those of you who haven't had the joy of playing one of Taylor's fine line of solidbody guitars you might want to consider this one. Taylor has never been guilty of chasing all the latest trends and they waited around 30 years before building their first solidbody models. The line consists of 3 basic models, the Classic, the Standard, and this top of the line Custom with a beautifully figured and bookmatched walnut top, diamond pattern inlays, and ivoroid binding. Features include with beveled single-cutaway sapele body with contoured back; sapele neck with ebony fretboard 15" fretboard radius; 22 frets; Taylor-designed hardtail aluminum bridge; single bolt "T-lock" neck joint Taylor standard tuners; 24.875" scale; 1.6875" nut; Progressive Diamond Pattern inlays; neck and body purfling; gloss finish on body, neck, and headstock.  Electronics consist of pair of Taylor "Style I" humbuckers with a master volume and a special master tone that acts like a traditional control for first two-thirds while the last third peaks the mids. 5-way switching consists of: 1-Full neck pickup; 2-Inside coils of the neck and bridge in parallel (skinny neck tones); 3-Full neck pickup with the inside coil of the bridge pickup; 4-Inside coil of each pickup in series (fuller and fatter than position 2); 5-Full bridge pickup.  This model retails for $3098, selling discounted for $2299.  This one appears to have seen little to no playing time and looks like a new floor model - but for $1000 less than new.  $1299(HOLD-Rob C 1/15) takes it.  Includes Taylor case that hugs the body on all sides.  

I like the top, but the guitar... not so much

Attached Files
      If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

Working...
      X