Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Mexican food, but I don't want to eat it every day...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That will surely annoy them even more than rice

    chili on a baked potato is commonplace (and delicious)

    Comment


    • Chili is like distortion: it goes with just about everything.
      Originally Posted by kmacc45


      I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
      Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.









      Originally Posted by Bucksstudent


      **************** the lot of you.









      Originally Posted by jaxn slim


      Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

      Comment


      • Just like bacon and cheese.
        Shotgun Royale

        last.fm

        Comment


        • Someone STILL doesn't understand that just because one prefers something one likes to something one doesn't like doesn't mean they are acting proud and/or superior about it.

          I think foot pain sucks, so I wear orthotics in my shoes. If another person complains of foot pain, I recommend orthotics. It doesn't mean I'm proud of wearing orthotics, or that I feel superior because I know that wearing orthotics will decrease foot pain- I'm just making a helpful suggestion.

          The straw man that has been set up is that people are proud/have a sense of superiority about their personal tastes. No, people like what they like. If they suggest to someone drinking Muller Genuflection Dreck that they might like to try some of this Foundling's Kickass Breaktime Stoat instead, it's not out of a sense of superiority, it's just a suggestion.

          Comment


          • Yes, chili on a potato is totally cool. Also on a (non-chicago) hot dog.
            Brian

            "it aint nothin' but a jam"
            -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

            Comment




            • You could make that argument against the validity of textual criticism. After all, it's about finding consensus among key thinkers, right? Just following the herd, right? That's a throwaway argument.

              This is an argumentum ad verecundiam, and therefore fallacious.


              After wasting as much time as we did with "straw man" I'm not even going to get into these. I'd prefer to argue the topic, you seem to prefer arguing the argument.

              Comment


              • You know what else chili is good on? Scrambled eggs. Go ahead. Try it...no one's watching...
                Originally Posted by kmacc45


                I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.









                Originally Posted by Bucksstudent


                **************** the lot of you.









                Originally Posted by jaxn slim


                Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

                Comment


                • You know what else chili is good on? Chili.
























































                  You may want to have some rice with that as well, though.

                  Comment


                  • The side-diversion into chili here is missing one of the most unusual and counterintuitive facts about it:

                    The best chili in the USA is not found in the borderlands. As much as I wish I could defend the Southwest here, the best chili comes from the Midwest. From Cincinatti.

                    Skyline Cincinatti Chili, five-way, FTW. It might be the best thing since William Tecumseh Sherman to come out of Ohio.

                    Comment


                    • The side-diversion into chili here is missing one of the most unusual and counterintuitive facts about it:

                      The best chili in the USA is not found in the borderlands. As much as I wish I could defend the Southwest here, the best chili comes from the Midwest. From Cincinatti.

                      Skyline Cincinatti Chili, five-way, FTW. It might be the best thing since William Tecumseh Sherman to come out of Ohio.



                      Is that chili? It looks like a plate full of cheese. I can understand why you wouldn't want to have that on rice; just rice and cheese without anything else is a bit plain.

                      Comment


                      • post #431
                        weebz wrote:God appeared to me in a dream and said "Thou shalt post on Guitar Jam"

                        Comment




                        • Welcome to the Terrorist Watch List, Evan Evildoer.
                          Brian

                          "it aint nothin' but a jam"
                          -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

                          Comment


                          • I'm totally fixated on Sad Nav's chili cheese enchilada idea. This need to happen in my kitchen soon.

                            Comment


                            • Apples and apples. Both masturbation and achievement tastemanship are nothing more than self gratification; finding ways to stimulate the senses while satisfying a primal urge. Masturbation is something you do just like the physical act of chewing and swallowing is something you do. Masturbation involves appreciation and critical analysis of the things done by others - hot, sexy girls. (or guys if that's your thing)

                              You can tell yourself that you're being "cultural" or "sophisticated" but that's just putting lipstick on the pig.



                              After wasting as much time as we did with "straw man" I'm not even going to get into these. I'd prefer to argue the topic, you seem to prefer arguing the argument.


                              Please provide the name of an activity that is not done for "self gratification." I can't think of a single one. Any activity I can think of is either gratifying in itself or provides the means to gratify myself.
                              Originally Posted by requiem156



                              I don't have to find something to dislike - it comes naturally.

                              Comment


                              • Yes, chili on a potato is totally cool. Also on a (non-chicago) hot dog.


                                Also, small roasted potato bits are good in chili.

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X