Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Mexican food, but I don't want to eat it every day...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by tamoore
    View Post

There is something very Dick Long-ish about the OP......

I have a sneaking suspicion Jammity James isn't really interested in talking about mexican food.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by yabba
      View Post

I have a sneaking suspicion Jammity James isn't really interested in talking about mexican food.

Tex-Mex?

HCGB #289
      God FAQ

http://www.soundclick.com/g33k

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tamoore
        View Post

Tex-Mex?

we don't use the T-word round these parts

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by yabba
          View Post

Do you think he's cheating on the rubber butt?
          Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Navigator
            View Post

Debbie Dabbler.

No dabbling. They know my name at the Indian restaurant I attend. Having diverse tastes doesn't take anything away from the experience. There's a bigger world outside your local Hot Dog stand, home skillet.
            Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

we don't use the T-word round these parts

You guys are just jealous that "cal-mex" doesn't have a good ring to it.
              Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
              -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

No dabbling. They know my name at the Indian restaurant I attend. Having diverse tastes doesn't take anything away from the experience. There's a bigger world outside your local Hot Dog stand, home skillet.

[COLOR="magenta"]Eclectic Filet of Sole?!?
                Do not write me for reasons of sass

Comment

Cal-Mex-er than you, bro.

Comment

that's because 'cal-mex' = 'mexican'

Comment

There's nothin' wrong with it. It's good food. It's cool if you know about the detailed differences between Taco Bell and and the real stuff, but do you want to eat it every day?

There's all kinds of great dishes to eat and learn about, and it doesn't take a genius to get a little information and background on the history. It's not that big a deal really.

I would think that having knowledge of different foods, eating them, and having a balanced diet would be good for you. I think balance is the important word here.

Sushi is good. Indian food. Soul food. Italian... It's all good.

I guess music is kinda the same way huh? Mmm...

Summary: Jimmy James hates Mexicans.

Comment

I like Mexican food, but I don't want to eat it every day...

I don't blame you. I'd miss the rice.
                        Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

Some people order Americanized take-out from a half dozen pseudo-ethnic restaurants every week and the imagine they're touring the world via the taste buds. But what they're really doing is splashing around in the kiddie pool of cuisine. They don't know anything about the intricacies of Yucatan cuisine. They only know that they like extra "hot" sauce on their Gorditas.

Comment

Cal-Mex-er than you, bro.

Story checks out.

Comment

I could eat Mexican food everyday. If it's good enough for our neighbors to the south, it's good enough for me. Authentic Mexican is great but I also have a soft spot for the occasional Taco Bell/Tijuana Flats type thing.
                              up in this B.

Originally Posted by CharvelFan, Stackabones, Mercer, jamesp, jelloman and Sad Navigator

Sutto is the man!, I look forward to Sutto's future work., Sutto. . . you're awesome, Sutto is correct., I think Sutto's right again, Sutto speaks the truth...I'mma do something crazy and agree with Sutto.

Comment

People who only eat one kind of food attempt to rationalize it by saying it's the very best. They go on further to explain that their tunnel vision makes them an expert on a particular dish as if being an expert on one single dish is enviable. It's actually not. It's actually a steel trap. Having a deep and diverse knowledge of various foods gives them a greater perspective and knowledge about their favorite cuisines, how they are related, and how they differ.

It's also bad for your health to fixate on one dish over a lifetime. A body can't function on peanut butter and crackers for life. So I think it's fair to say that diversity and appreciation of fine cuisines of other cultures is the way to go. Knowledge and diversity can only enhance the culinary experience. Your body will thank you for not being ignorant.
                                Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Working...
                                X