Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like this guitar and is it worth $1750?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like this guitar and is it worth $1750?

git

2008 Don Grosh ElectraJet Custom EJ-40, (front), (back), (headstock), (cert./specs), (case.).   Super clean and barely played.  This is one extremely cool guitar, refreshingly, not another Strat or Tele clone.  Don Grosh guitars are built with meticulous attention to detail and quality tone woods.  Building under 300 guitars a year Don keeps his quality control higher than nearly every brand made today.  Very versatile - a pair of DiMarzio P90s and alder body are capable of a wide variety of tones, for virtually any type of music.  Its truly original and innovative design combines classic, vintage styling, with a current flair, sort of like a modern day Jazzmaster.  Featuring master-grade, tone-tapped woods and ultra-thin nitro-lacquer finish, it has beautifully complex harmonic clarity and a full acoustic voice.  Extremely well balanced when strapped on, with a superb set up, this guitar is a joy to play.  Unlike the Standard, the custom Electrajets come made to order.  This one was ordered as follows:  alder body finished in authentic gloss black finish, oil-finished maple neck with Indian rosewood fretboard, medium/large roundback neck (.85" X .95"), 1 5/8" nut, 6105 tall/narrow frets, aged vintage dots, 10" radius, Gotoh vintage tremolo, Kluson locking vintage tuners, tortoise pickguard, cream DiMarzio P90 pickups, 3-way switch with center position hum-canceling, and amber speed knobs.  This guitar was collector owned and exhibits zero defects or signs of previous use, although in the right light you can see the typical body seam lines caused after the finish settled in.  For fans of low serial numbers, this one's #40.  With a new one costing $2699, this is a smoking deal on a practically new one, priced nearly $1000 less than new; just $1750.  Includes vintage-style G&G form fit case. 

Attached Files
    www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Nice lookin' guitar. I like it but I wouldn't pay

"You ill mannered sack of ****************e."

Kylie Minogue

Comment

• rhino55
      rhino55 commented
      Editing a comment

Calum wrote:
      Nice lookin' guitar. I like it but I would pay

I am a big fan of these guitars.   Love the body shape, sound, playability. 

That said, this is about my least favorite combination of colors re body, pickguard, pickups and I'd pick a different bridge.

Worth $1,750?  Yes but in a different config/color.  Like this... http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/images/products/grosh_electrajet_2811_lg3.jpg

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

I don't like it and to me it's not worth $1750, but it's hard for me to judge what it might be worth to others.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

• jackamo
        jackamo commented
        Editing a comment

$1599 should be the starting price point for this particular guitard.

Nice guitar. There are lots of similar guitars for way under $1000.00 so no, it is not worth $1750.00 or anywhere close IMO.

Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

• wok
        wok commented
        Editing a comment

nope. not at all :robotsad:

Working...
    X