Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns a fence?

The fence located in my backyard is falling over from one of the post.  It is falling over on my neighbors side towards their house.  It is a pretty easy fix, but they've done nothing for 2-3 weeks.  I'm hoping to go over with a buddy today or tomorrow and screw it back into place.  It happened before and one of my buddies was able to hammer it back in.  When I talked to them they said they didn't know how to fix fences.

I'm just wondering who is responsible for things like this?  Are these fences co-owned?  The wooden slats are on my side.  One of my neighbors said the previous owner of my house put up the fence, but they also have a fence they surrounds their entire property.

Just filling in during 2mans absence. 

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Fences are traditionally installed with the slats facing away from the owner of the fence.  They are not co-owned. 

Originally Posted by Notes_Norton

I'm sorry for the rant, but death threats, hate mail, and hundreds of pizzas not picked up really irks me.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

Comment

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

Honkridge wrote:

Fences are traditionally installed with the slats facing away from the owner of the fence.  They are not co-owned. 

Do you mean the post?  There are slats on both sides of the fence, but the post are on my side.  It is shadow box style with the post on my side.

I'm just **bleep** because now I got to borrow a drill and go over there and do it.  It's not a big job, but a guy lives there so why can't he fix it?  If it was just the girl I could understand.  Plus, I got new sod awhile ago and their weeds have overtaken it where the lawns meet. 

Very 2manish... I know.

Working...
X