Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Jimmie Vaughan?

He went from the guitar player in the Fabulous Thunderbirds jamming like this:

To this guy who plucks weirdly:

I love the blues, but this is dam hard to listen to. 

You can always tell the helmet wearers who can't tell the difference between blues-rock and blues.  

Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

• joshmac
      joshmac commented
      Editing a comment

I agree, I love his T-Birds stuff but his playing now seems too choppy for me, if you get what im saying. 

• mikesr1963
      mikesr1963 commented
      Editing a comment

Jimmy James wrote:

You can always tell the helmet wearers who can't tell the difference between blues-rock and blues.  

You're so fake and such an ass kisser.  Then again, you're in that business. 

His Thunderbird days are ages ago. 

What happened to Jimmy Vaughan is his brother Stevie died in 1990 and he became an instant multi-millionaire. This coincides with the end of his days with the Thunderbirds.

As a result Jimmy did not have to grind out all those gigs playing music he didn't like anymore.

I personally really like his solo stuff but it is never going to be commercially popular.  He is now rich and doesn't have to worry about it.

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All Men" -- Luke 2:14

Comment

• mikesr1963
      mikesr1963 commented
      Editing a comment

Virgman wrote:

His Thunderbird days are ages ago. 

What happened to Jimmy Vaughan is his brother Stevie died in 1990 and he became an instant multi-millionaire. This coincides with the end of his days with the Thunderbirds.

As a result Jimmy did not have to grind out all those gigs playing music he didn't like anymore.

I personally really like his solo stuff but it is never going to be commercially popular.  He is now rich and doesn't have to worry about it.

You really like it?  Ok, how many of his new cds do you own?  I enjoy many artists that are not comercially popular and many that are millionaires.  Neither went from being  a fluid guitar player to a plucker like this.  

i lyk the music a lot

Comment

• frunobulax
      frunobulax commented
      Editing a comment

i really enjoy what Jimmy Vaughan does now.

Working...
X