• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Local Legends" = Amateur Hour

Discuss.

Pics?

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Is there a free buffet for amateur hour?

Comment

The local legends would seriously disagree with your assessment.

I am starting to like the spell check. 

Comment

• T ned
          T ned commented
          Editing a comment
          Local to whom?

How are we defining "amateur"?  Do you mean someone doing something for love instead of income?  Do you mean someone who isn't that good?  

I think there are people in any city of any size who are great musicians but have no desire to tour who are local legends,  In Baltimore, Telesma are local legends.

Originally Posted by requiem156

I don't have to find something to dislike - it comes naturally.

Comment

• Tribal Techie
          Tribal Techie commented
          Editing a comment

It depends on who they are and what they've done. Generally, in less prominent music cities there are guys who played the local scene, grew out of it and moved away to do bigger things, and then sometimes moved back.

Some of our local legends include Buddy Miles, Calvin Keyes, Billy Rogers, Dave Stryker,  Steve Ferris, and Victor Lewis. I don't think any of them would be considered amateur hour.

If you are talking about good players that someone on the internet likes to brag about playing with, then maybe so.

Working...
      X