X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain Google Ads...

and provide a link.

I've only briefly heard about them, and I've looked on their site and found AdWords and AdSense. But, it doesn't sound like the "google ads" I heard about.

I've been getting almost 2000 hits a month at my lesson site, and I want to make some money for it (albeit, just a little if anything, but something), without charging the users.

Does anyone here use them on their site? What's the concept behind them and where's the info?
    PM me about Online One-on-One Guitar Lessons, via Skype and Paypal
    http://lessons.mikedodge.com
    http://www.mikedodge.com
    http://forum.mikedodge.com

Hint for online instructors...play the example in it's entirety, THEN talk about it for 5 minutes.

The only good liberal is a...well, we're still trying to figure out the answer to that one.

Uma is a motorik.

AdSense is it. You agree to post some code to your web pages, and Google fills in those spots. The ads are determined by the content of your page. When somebody clicks on that ad, you get money into your account. The amount of money is determined by how much somebody is willing to pay per click and how much total money they're willing to spend on the advertising. Simple idea, but some neat twists.

So, yeah. People visit your website, maybe click on an ad, an you make a few cents. Enjoy.
    HCGB #128

Click here for my projects page.

Comment

As far as I understand, Google ads work in the fashion that ads are determined by keywords on the webpages. So, a page about music theory would probably yield alot of ads for different music sites.
      Originally Posted by British Journalist

Mr. Ghandi, what do you think about Western Civilization?

Originally Posted by M.Ghandi

I think it would be a good idea.

Comment

To create a truely successful campaign, you absolutely must include negative keywords.

For instance, say you're a software development company. You do NOT want to pay for clicks from users looking for hardware. So in your negative keywords, include many, many, many words, such as: hardware, motherboard, RAM etc...

AdWords works fairly well, but you'll likely need to tweak each campaign for a while before you start seeing results.
        My Stuff

With old band Idle Minds
        Crazy Dans Close Enough Evilness Power Soak

Acoustic
        Santoria Spanish Inquisition Mountain Song

Just Wierd
        Warped

Comment

Mentioning your stripper show might attract some interesting advertising.

Spoiler

Fast, clean and cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X