Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured I'd tell you about my Jeep gnars....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figured I'd tell you about my Jeep gnars....

I had to write this email today, so I figured I'd paste it here

I was in my jeep, offroading with some other jeep friends. Another Jeep got stuck, so I hopped in mine real quick to head back and assist them.  I was only 50-100 feet away, so I got in hastily and did not put my seatbelt on.

I went to turn around in a 3-point turn and when I was in reverse, I was leaning out the driver side looking behind me (no doors on the jeep). The jeep hit a rut unexpectedly and bounced me out the driver side, but my LEFT foot (think about it) got caught between the clutch and brake pedal...while the jeep was stuck in reverse...so it kind of dragged me until my head went under the tire and my leg snapped loose.

So it ended up being a completely broken tibia, a completely severed ligament or two, the calf muscle ripped some bone from the femur, the femur had a fracture as well, and some minor repair to the meniscus.  2 surgeries for some pretty extensive repairs and a lot of metal parts in there now.  Fortunately head injury was 100\% superficial.

Wife has a pic on fB of my head, abrasions in the pattern of a tire tread, sweet  

...but for now, I leave you with the aftermath:

photo.JPG

Attached Files

Holy crap.

You ran over your own self?

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

• jackamo
      jackamo commented
      Editing a comment

lol, sort of, the jeep ran over my own self, by its own self...

• karma279
      karma279 commented
      Editing a comment

fanuvbrak wrote:

Holy crap.

You ran over your own self?

For realz.... "How you gonna get fired on 'yo day off?!?"

This is why I drive a WJ. ****************in' doors, yo.

Comment

• DdBob
      DdBob commented
      Editing a comment

CGord wrote:

This is why I drive a WJ. ****************in' doors, yo.

My Woman's Jeep Sister :thumbsup::womanhappy:

The real question is was there any damage to your Jeep?  .png" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" />

P.S. I saw the pic before reading your story and thought at first that it was going to be yet another one about someone using a tow strap with metal hooks.  Glad you're (reliatively) OK.

Comment

You should get a leash. Like on a surfboard. That way, if you fall out, run over your head, you can be dragged along behind it, too. Aristocrats!

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Resting in peace. Stuck in the sand.

Stuck

At the time, I had another one, I walked home, about a mile, got it and pulled this one out. 

stuck 2

Scout to the rescue. This guy slipped off the road. 200 yds of downhill mud and trees until the next road. I have done it before. You have to hit small trees to control speed. 

unstuck

This and a come-along got him back on the road.

Attached Files

Comment

• DdBob
          DdBob commented
          Editing a comment

good use of the tree in pic three ^

• jackamo
          jackamo commented
          Editing a comment

cx04332 wrote:

Resting in peace. Stuck in the sand.

Stuck

At the time, I had another one, I walked home, about a mile, got it and pulled this one out. 

stuck 2

Scout to the rescue. This guy slipped off the road. 200 yds of downhill mud and trees until the next road. I have done it before. You have to hit small trees to control speed. 

unstuck

This and a come-along got him back on the road.

nice!

Attached Files

I think i see van gogh's Starry Night on your leg

Originally Posted by Notes_Norton

I'm sorry for the rant, but death threats, hate mail, and hundreds of pizzas not picked up really irks me.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

Comment

Working...
        X