Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to chiles is there anything better

than the New Mexico Green Chile? I think even the store brand in a can are quite good and sometimes I just snack on those right from the can. Do you limeys and Euroists have access to these? If so do you have access to flour tortillas? If so fry up some hash browns or whatever ya'll call fried breakfast taters add a couple eggs and a a heaping helping of diced green chiles and fry it all up then stick it in your tortilla....doesn't get much better. Sure there's uber hot red ones and such but this is about taste, the N.M green chile is supior in taste to any other chile.

My Last FM
    My Youtube page
    BobNod # 11

There's only one Chile as far as I know.

Comment

• DdBob
      DdBob commented
      Editing a comment

DexterInferno 3_0 wrote:

There's only one Chile as far as I know.

http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/mexicancookingfaqs/f/chileorchili.htm

Question: I've seen "chile," "chili" and "chilli." Do they all mean something different?

Answer: This is a common question and has fueled many arguments over the subject. There are many accepted versions. Chile with an "e" at the end is the correct spelling in Spanish. Chili with an "i" at the end is the Americanized version. The "i" version began with the name of the dish "Carne con Chili," meaning "Meat with Chile." It evolved into "Chili con Carne" and then shortened to just "Chili." The term ending with an "i" is widely accepted and is often used as the name for "Chili Powder." The term "Chile" with an "e" is the more correct way to spell it, although many forms are accepted. Some accepted spellings are

DdBob wrote:

than the New Mexico Green Chile? I think even the store brand in a can are quite good and sometimes I just snack on those right from the can. Do you limeys and Euroists have access to these? If so do you have access to flour tortillas? If so fry up some hash browns or whatever ya'll call fried breakfast taters add a couple eggs and a a heaping helping of diced green chiles and fry it all up then stick it in your tortilla....doesn't get much better. Sure there's uber hot red ones and such but this is about taste, the N.M green chile is supior in taste to any other chile.

Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is a glorious dish. NM green chiles are delicious, delicious.

Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

• Calum
      Calum commented
      Editing a comment
      I have access to lots of rice. :weebz:

Hash browns=bubble & squeak

Comment

I actually prefer the Poblano over the skinnier NM Chili, but not by much.  Both are excellent and bring out my inner G.I. Joe.  (Gastro Intestinal Joe)

Originally Posted by Notes_Norton

I'm sorry for the rant, but death threats, hate mail, and hundreds of pizzas not picked up really irks me.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

Comment

• fanuvbrak
        fanuvbrak commented
        Editing a comment

Yeah. Their baby-back ribs are awesome!!!

I'm not sure I've ever had those, unless they're the same as jalape

Comment

Working...
    X