Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people realize 10% is NOT an appropriate tip?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it sounds like your saying that very thing.

Really? You wanna re-read those quotes again? Or perhaps you're content to just scan over these posts and cast judgement....

Crpdeth
    America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Comment

• Food is most important but bad service will crush a restaurant within months.

I hear ya but you're not just paying for the hunk of tuna on your plate, you're paying for everything else that goes into creating a restaurant but that's obvious.

Hell, they make all-u-can eat buffets for folks with that mindset.
      Every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass-- Barry Goldwater"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Comment

• Maybe it's simply the people complaining they don't get good tips don't deserve good tips?
        Further from God, then Angels can fly.

Comment

• Again, why is the food service industry alone in the pay ****************, let them earn tips dept? There are plenty of service industry jobs where REAL service is rendered, yet tipping is unheard of. When the IT guy at your job fixes your printer, do you slip him a $5? The clerk at the store that helps you find the perfect gift for your G/F.... a $20, since you're likely to get laid?

Maybe the tow truck driver that pulls your sorry ass out of a rain swolen ditch?

Nope.

Just food service, and then ONLY if they write your order on a pad AND carry your plate from the counter and actually find your table.

Ridiculous.

Pay them a decent wage and be done with it.

So then write your congressman and state senator. Seriously.

Don't take it out on the poor schmuck trying to pay his rent.

Comment

• Really? You wanna re-read those quotes again? Or perhaps you're content to just scan over these posts and cast judgement....

Crpdeth

You clearly stated that you consider your overall dining expenditures when pondering how much to tip.

Comment

• Maybe it's simply the people complaining they don't get good tips don't deserve good tips?

Oftentimemns, sure.

But if you wait tables, you will inevitably get stiffed after working your butt off. It's really amazing sometimes.

Comment

• I like being able to leave the bill and tip on the table which means I often tip 20%+.
                Originally Posted by MahiMahi
                I wonder what happens to the old donkeys?

Comment

• you can feel unhappy about the tipping system in America, but until we all agree to change it, and pay the waiters a flatrate (which will never work, cause restaurants cant afford it; its why restaurants go out of business all the time..

if they can afford to comply with minimum wage laws elsewhere in the world and stay in business i'm sure ye olde land of the free would manage just fine
                  good deals with: kpd78, kid A, sg1, chucknorris1982, red riviera, pott, heartfelt dawn

Comment

• Food is most important but bad service will crush a restaurant within months.

I hear ya but you're not just paying for the hunk of tuna on your plate, you're paying for everything else that goes into creating a restaurant but that's obvious.

True, of course.

Every business has overhead. It's covered in the price of the product. Some products are of higher quality and have a price that reflects that. Managers should manage, which means monitoring the service and ****************canning the losers. Unfortunately, this antiquated system is so ingrained that it would be nearly impossible to change without motivation for the owners. This way they can wash their hands of the problem and their employees take the brunt of their ineptitude.
                    RIP Ironmonger

Originally Posted by lawboy

The day you find an Axl Rose song on my iPod will be the day pigs fly and Republicans tell the truth.

Comment

yup.

and i dont think anyone here is arguing in defense of terrible servers.

we are talking about cheap customers.. not bad servers.. thats the beauty of it.. if they did something, or ****************ed up your meal.. you dont have to pay them a dime (and im sure the manager will comp some of the meal)

but when they did everything your meal asked for, you tip atleast the 15% so he can fill his gasup on the way home...

no servers that work in a restaurant like chilis, or fridays is making a KILLING. trust me on that.. you may think its crazy to tip them that much... but i think its even more ridiculous that someone would pay 25 bucks for a piece of meat, and now have the decency to tip based on food totals...

could you imagine a nice fine dining experience with servers that get a flat base pay?

it doesnt exist!

it would suck..

fine dining waiters are professionals.

Comment

• Crpdeth
                        America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Comment

• if they can afford to comply with minimum wage laws elsewhere in the world and stay in business i'm sure ye olde land of the free would manage just fine
                          Seriously.

The system in America sounds downright retarded.

Comment

• Leaving a dollar or two is a pretty bad tip, but hell, prices can be ridiculous these days. If I'm spending 10-15 bucks on a meal, no way in hell am I throwing out an extra 4-5 bucks on a tip unless the waiter is amazing.

Comment

• Here...I'll go find it for you since you are to busy dicing me apart and ignoring the facts...

What facts am I ignoring again?

Are you saying you dislike tipping but do it anyway?

I lost you somewhere around being out in the hot Texas sun.

Comment

• Leaving a dollar or two is a pretty bad tip, but hell, prices can be ridiculous these days. If I'm spending 10-15 bucks on a meal, no way in hell am I throwing out an extra 4-5 bucks on a tip unless the waiter is amazing.

but no one is asking for a 5 dollar tip on a 10 dollar meal.

of course, it would be nice

Comment

Working...
                                X