Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people realize 10% is NOT an appropriate tip?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people realize 10% is NOT an appropriate tip?

I work at a restaurant as a server, and at my particular place, we get a lot of older people coming in, eating, and leaving a 10% tip, without any thought. Some people even ****************ing thinkt they're being nice. Like, "here's a little something for you" as if it isn't their responsibility to tip. Do you realize that this is not appropriate?

Your servers make **************** on their paycheck (I make $4.60/hr. ), meaning, they essentially live off your tips. On a $20 bill, if you leave $2 the server just spent however long it took you to eat working your table for $2, not to mention that a little less than half of the tips wind up going to busers. Thanks for the ****************ing $1 ****************************.

I tend to leave about 30%. Unless I get terrible service, and that is just a given that you don't make tips for that ****************.
    Good transactions: MrSandMan, pete n.,fuzzball, 6StrngStrangler, Bob Doom, EdgeOfDarkness

SPAM:Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. 60watt head with 2 channels. 4x12 cab with celestian v30's. Great shape. $500 local pickup only in West Michigan.

Comment

I used to work as a server at pizza hut and I found that usually the old people tipped the best.But it could be do to the area too.
      I tend to tip around 17-20%
      Bouquet of clumsy words

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

**************** you and Jason Mraz.

Comment

Don't forget the governor's share either. Deval's got his hand out too.
        Member of New England chapter, Mazi Bee Hard Rockin' militia

Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

Also, I think the line between smartass and dumbass lies in whether or not your joke works.

Originally Posted by mattburnside

Most guys would lay low, lurk, post in another forum, whatever. Not our boy darial. He just kicked open the ****************house door and lurched out, pants around his ankles, both guns blazing.

Originally Posted by ChuckyB

Dear Expressway,
        You have made added a slutty ray of sunshine to my otherwise mundane morning. Thank you.
        Sincerely,
        Charles.

Comment

I used to work as a server at pizza hut and I found that usually the old people tipped the best.But it could be do to the area too.
          I tend to tip around 17-20%

Yep. 20% is standard for me.

Comment

I work at a restaurant as a server, and at my particular place, we get a lot of older people coming in, eating, and leaving a 10% tip, without any thought. Some people even ****************ing thinkt they're being nice. Like, "here's a little something for you" as if it isn't their responsibility to tip. Do you realize that this is not appropriate?

Your servers make **************** on their paycheck (I make $4.60/hr. ), meaning, they essentially live off your tips. On a $20 bill, if you leave $2 the server just spent however long it took you to eat working your table for $2, not to mention that a little less than half of the tips wind up going to busers. Thanks for the ****************ing $1 ****************************.

**************** a duck, that's well poverty stricken your wages! The minimum wage here is
            Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

I tend to leave about 30%. Unless I get terrible service, and that is just a given that you don't make tips for that ****************.

I would love you.

Comment

Originally Posted by British Journalist

Mr. Ghandi, what do you think about Western Civilization?

Originally Posted by M.Ghandi

I think it would be a good idea.

Comment

**************** a duck, that's well poverty stricken your wages! The minimum wage here is

Comment

it kind of depends on how much i have left in my pocket after paying for the meal.
                    Originally Posted by rhino55

hi.flyer is to banjo as gennation is to fat whores

Comment

It's automatically assumed by the government that you make enough in tips to cover minimum wage. Minimum wage is 7.15/hr, we make 4.60 plus tips.

I usually average around $15/hr with tips and all that added up.

Well, tipping is a reward here, not a de facto right. Cultural differences.
                      Originally Posted by Calum

Is she cuddling a dirty swan?

Originally Posted by vikingrat

The world doesn't need a new generation of hippies.

Comment

20% unless the service sucked.

Comment

Does the owner of the restaurant just barely get by paying wages like that?

Comment

Well, tipping is a reward here, not a de facto right. Cultural differences.

Don't they have built in gratuity in Europe?

Not sure, but I've heard of this.

Comment

Does the owner of the restaurant just barely get by paying wages like that?

Doesn't matter what restaurant you work at, servers make ****************. It's a fact. Anywhere you go, your server is making <$5/hr. I guarantee that.

Servers live off tips.

Comment

• Working...
                                X