Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Want Miles

Marcus Miller and Mike Stern are just killin' on this.  That is all.  You may now return to your dopey Simple Rock.

Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

That album could very well have Marcus Miller's career-best moment. Terrific bass playing.

And definitely one of Miles's best 80s albums.

Comment

Stern's solo in the long version of Jean Pierre is one of my favorites by him.

Just listened to the disc the other day. Damn good. Just damn good, son.

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Jerry_Lev
        Jerry_Lev commented
        Editing a comment

More Miles, please! :womanwink: :womansurprised:

• wilmer
        wilmer commented
        Editing a comment

Jean Pierre and Mike Stern

Dad-jazz.

Comment

• Jimmy James
        Jimmy James commented
        Editing a comment

clay sails wrote:

Dad-jazz.

Which era, mass lumper?

• 3shiftgtr
        3shiftgtr commented
        Editing a comment

clay sails wrote:

Dad-jazz.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.Can you come up with something better?

"Dads are bad. Jazz is bad. I don't understand dads. I don't understand jazz. And therefore I can lump them together and hereby toss my youthful cleverosity all over the interwebs.

**************** dads. **************** jazz. My generation got it right."

Weak. Try taking the stairs once in a while.

Get back to your nap, old man. I'm going to listen to Led Zeppelin. 

Comment

• Jimmy James
        Jimmy James commented
        Editing a comment

clay sails wrote:

Get back to your nap, old man. I'm going to listen to Led Zeppelin. 

Leave my music alone, son.  Go with Sad Navigator and listen to some contemporary crap.

Miles Davis is a bit like the Beatles. He has been lionized to such a degree that many of his fans find it impossible that anyone could fail to be inspired by him. Miles-Davis worship is as predictably tedious as the endless splash of brushes and plinking pianos that serve as the backdrop for so many of his classic riffs.

My years of trying to like "Kind of Blue" and his other greatest hits albums are behind me. I'll stick to my own tastes without apology. If it helps explain my opinion easier, I don't like much jazz in general, although Marsallis' "Hot House Flowers" is a favorite.

Comment

• 3shiftgtr
        3shiftgtr commented
        Editing a comment

clay sails wrote:
        Miles Davis is a bit like the Beatles. He has been lionized to such a degree that many of his fans find it impossible that anyone could fail to be inspired by him. Miles-Davis worship is as predictably tedious as the endless splash of brushes and plinking pianos that serve as the backdrop for so many of his classic riffs.

My years of trying to like "Kind of Blue" and his other greatest hits albums are behind me. I'll stick to my own tastes without apology. If it helps explain my opinion easier, I don't like much jazz in general, although Marsallis' "Hot House Flowers" is a favorite.

No respect then?U must be mad then.

U mad cuz he has been "lioniized"? U mad cuz you don't like "the endless splash of brushes and plinking pianos...."  U mad cuz the endless stream of musical (not cultural) innovation are so broad that they have  college level courses to study it? U mad cuz its innovation you "don't get" ?

Yeah. YOu tried to like it. AND FAILED. No apology needed.  It's over your head. Again, take the stairs once in a while.  It's good for ya.

• T ned
        T ned commented
        Editing a comment

clay sails wrote:
         If it helps explain my opinion easier, I don't like much jazz in general, although Marsallis' "Hot House Flowers" is a favorite.

Mmmm...'k. To each his own....

Marcus Miller and Al Foster intrigue me the most about this band.

Comment

Working...
      X