Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is deli meat so expensive ?

It's like for a pound of roast beef it costs you almost as much as a 16oz ribeye or something. What's up with that ?

My Last FM
    My Youtube page
    BobNod # 11

DdBob wrote:

It's like for a pound of roast beef it costs you almost as much as a 16oz ribeye or something. What's up with that ?

you think roast beef is expensive??  try some really good kosher corned beef.  pretty close to $12 per pound

"If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........
    I woulda wrote a better song "
    member Mazi Bee Militia
    Talk Box Brigade
    Gretsch Guards
    Geezer Brigade #291

Comment

• DdBob
      DdBob commented
      Editing a comment

MONGOOZ wrote:

DdBob wrote:

you think roast beef is expensive??  try some really good kosher corned beef.  pretty close to $12 per pound

That's what I paid for the last pound of Roast beef I got at safeway. I think it was like 12.47 or something.

Beef spill in the gulf.

Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

That said I cannot stand animal cruelty, especially against friends of humanity. These include horses, dogs, chimps, and to a lesser extent dolphins.

Great band.

Originally Posted by sonik

little african girl machete gang victims

Everybody Hates Miserycast

Comment

It takes a lot of robots to mash a bunch of leftover meat into a salty pile, wrap it in synthetic gut, twine it, and drive it to your local store from Nebraska. Add refrigeration costs, labor for the butcher who slices it, paper, & all the bribes to the FDA so they overlook the hormones & you can see why it costs more than your average slab of roadkill doxied up as "prime rib".

This video pretty much explains it all:

and this one is good for background

Comment

• bjcarl
        bjcarl commented
        Editing a comment
        The price of gas has a lot to do with it.

Working...
    X