Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maroon 5 is pretty good

Saw a concert of theirs on Palladia last night.  Good songs, good musicians.... even some long guitar solos.  The singer also plays guitar.  I'm glad I caught the concert.  Is anybody else here not too cool to like them?

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

I want to ban you.

Comment

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

LOL... I thought that before I watched last night.  The entire band was pretty tight, the singer put on a good show.  The guitarist did some interesting work.  I listened to them today when I was walking the dog and enjoyed it. 

Yer Blues wrote:

Saw a concert of theirs on Palladia last night.  Good songs, good musicians.... even some long guitar solos.  The singer also plays guitar.  I'm glad I caught the concert.  Is anybody else here not too cool to like them?

They really are good. I love their songs, contemporary, soulful and good arrangements.

Comment

this is the first of several conversations that will end with you telling us you're gay

Comment

For me to...never mind.  

-----------------

Originally Posted by Jimmy James: Zippers are like SAT tests. They're geared more for white people and don't reflect black culture, sensibility, complicated hand shakes and Good Times reruns.

Originally Posted by StringJunky: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with Maalox, Tums, and The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.

Comment

• Folky_Grunge
          Folky_Grunge commented
          Editing a comment

I'm really surprised Maroon 5 has stuck around for as long as they have. I remember them being popular when I was in junior high school, for ****************'s sake. That's a lot of staying power for such an incredibly mediocre band that's mostly known for annoying songs.

They're ok.  I liked a couple of their early tunes but Moves Like Jagger makes me want to weld my ears shut.

Saw them a few years ago opening for Counting Crows and they put on a decent show, though it was badly mixed; tons of super-lows & high-highs, not much in between except for when Levine was playing guitar.  He seems pretty capable on the guitar and sounded good.  Used a Bogner stack IIRC.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

• Jimmy James
          Jimmy James commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Clean Fun and Flamencology are fans.

Working...
      X