Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Rock Record Review - George Harrison Live in Japan

I got this last week from Amazon. I have always loved George's music; All Things Must Pass and Living in the Material World are two of my favorite albums. I find, however, that they feel over-produced now. In reading a bio of George, Behind Sad Eyes, I learned about this tour and recording. This has now become my favorite album.

Rather than the huge band that George favored in the early 70's, this tour was done with Eric Clapton and his band. Horn sections are replaced my synth, giving it a sound that is, to my ears, less harsh. The song selection is fantastic:

Disc one

1. "I Want to Tell You"

That sounds like a good record. I like George's stuff, too. 

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

• Gary Blanchard
      Gary Blanchard commented
      Editing a comment

Since live performances by George were rare, it was great to hear how good he was live. Concert for Bangladesh was nice, but these performances seem more settled. It was really great to hear the live version of Piggies, complete with harpsichord (synth, most likely) and a verse that was not included on the White Album. Taxman has always been a favorite as well.

Sadly, George was too paranoid (perhaps for good reason) to tour the US then.

Working...
X