Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Telecaster vs. Gibson 335

Deathmatch. Which do you choose?

Telecaster

No there are no other options. No there is not a poll. Focus.

Attached Files
    Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

If I choose not to decide, I still have made a choice.  :mantongue:

Comment

• micwalt
      micwalt commented
      Editing a comment
      Tele, all day long.

I love my Tele

Comment

• fanuvbrak
      fanuvbrak commented
      Editing a comment

I did not really bond with my telecaster. Probably because it did not immediately make me an awesome country picker.

I'd like to try the 335.

Tele.  I want to be cool and saw 335, but I know that deep down I'd prefer the tele.

Comment

Tough one! I'd choose the 335 for the neck.

Comment

dang mobile button bounce.

Comment

• 335clone
          335clone commented
          Editing a comment

335, duh.

Kinda seems like, "what's more important: lunch or pants?"--they're hardly in the same category for me. I'm a Tele guy, never played a 335, but I'm interested enough in them to reject the demand that I choose...
        Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Claptonesque 335 Hands Down!

Comment

• Jimmy James
            Jimmy James commented
            Editing a comment

With a little creativity you get that sharp Tele sound with the way you dial in a 335 and the right amp, but a Tele can't do a 335 and has none of the sonic range. You guys are stuck with the image thing without ever having done any experimentation.  A 335 is way more versatile.  Maybe not as comfortable to wear on stage, but a lot more versatile.

Hope this helps.

Strat.

Comment

• Good Clean Fun
            Good Clean Fun commented
            Editing a comment

clay sails wrote:
            Strat.

Strats are kinda curvy/feminine looking.  Might be gay.  Book of golf jokes instead.

An easy choice; the Telecaster.

"Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
          - Robert Fripp

Comment

Stock?

The more versatile choice is the 335.

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

As far as gigging goes, a Tele is superior. With a good amp, it can cover almost all the needed tones. It can fall over, have food and drink spilled on it. deal with temperature extremes and still deliver. If a 335 falls over or gets food and drink spilled on it, the gig is over and you are off the luthier, wallet in hand.

Leo hit a grand slam home run with the design of the Tele. A Tele is one less thing to worry about on a gig. 

Comment

• Into Nation
                Into Nation commented
                Editing a comment

cx04332 wrote:

As far as gigging goes, a Tele is superior. With a good amp, it can cover almost all the needed tones. It can fall over, have food and drink spilled on it. deal with temperature extremes and still deliver. If a 335 falls over or gets food and drink spilled on it, the gig is over and you are off the luthier, wallet in hand.

Leo hit a grand slam home run with the design of the Tele. A Tele is one less thing to worry about on a gig

Au Contraire

• BATCAT
                BATCAT commented
                Editing a comment

cx04332 wrote:

Leo hit a grand slam home run with the design of the Tele. A Tele is one less thing to worry about on a gig. 

Yeah... I've had a number of guitars come and go over the years but my Tele is the one I never even consider trading or selling. It's not always the most sexy and exciting guitar, but as a dependable, reliable tool I couldn't ask for better.

Working...
            X