Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLR on living in Japan, not writing a new tune with EVH in over 20 years and working with John 5!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLR on living in Japan, not writing a new tune with EVH in over 20 years and working with John 5!

Link to his interview in the new Rolling Stone. David Lee is in fine form as usual... http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-david-lee-roth-vents-about-van-halens-future-20130212

"But so far there hasn't been any response, so hope and faith are not actual tactics and strategies
    "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
    - Robert Fripp

Comment

• CGord
      CGord commented
      Editing a comment

Nice to see him give M. A. a shout-out.

To this day, he's one of the very best interviews in the music biz. Endlessly quotable, tons of energy. Everything is a stream of consciousness. His mouth is always working, trying out new stuff and seeing if it sticks.

He has to be amazing to party with and hang out with, but still, I couldn't imagine having to live with the guy day after day, months and years on end. He just wears everyone out. He has a lust for life that's palpable, even contagious. He talks reverently about his grandparents, who are both in their 90s, and I have little doubt Dave will still be around at that age, as well.

Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
    Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

• CGord
      CGord commented
      Editing a comment

Dude's in Japan, he should be working with Marty Friedman.

Working...
X