Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the Dude hate the Eagles?

I can't be the only one who saw their recent documentary.  I never listened to them that much, but they are a staple of classic rock radio.  You forget how many songs they created.  I never knew about the different members until the documentary.  Bernie Leadon really gets around.  I recognized him from the Gram Parsons documentary I saw.  I always thought the guys who did the Hell Freezes over album/tour were original members minus Joe Walsh.

I don't get why the Dude hated them.  What's not to like?

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Yer Blues wrote:

I can't be the only one who saw their recent documentary.  I never listened to them that much, but they are a staple of classic rock radio.  You forget how many songs they created.  I never knew about the different members until the documentary.  Bernie Leadon really gets around.  I recognized him from the Gram Parsons documentary I saw.  I always thought the guys who did the Hell Freezes over album/tour were original members minus Joe Walsh.

I don't get why the Dude hated them.  What's not to like?

you mean "minus Don Felder".....Joe was there.  btw Felder's the one who WROTE Hotel California.

"If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........
    I woulda wrote a better song "
    member Mazi Bee Militia
    Talk Box Brigade
    Gretsch Guards
    Geezer Brigade #291

Comment

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

No, I did not realize Felder and Scmit were not original members.  I thought they were part of the original group and then added Joe Walsh.  I did not realize the original foursome was Henley, Frey, Leadon, and Meisner.

The Dude drank white Russians - the Eagles sang tequila sunrise. Some people (like the two beverages) just don't mix well with one another.

I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks.
    ~ John Lee Hooker

Comment

Because the Eagles suck?

Comment

• Jimmy James
        Jimmy James commented
        Editing a comment

roundtree wrote:
        Because the Eagles suck?

"Hotel California" sucks?  Write a better song and post the clip.

Working...
    X