Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some cool Android apps?

Recently got a Nexus 4 (Jelly Bean), can you guys recommend me some apps to check out? Not necessarily guitar-related, just any apps you think are cool or useful.

I have a local police scanner, weather radar, flashlight, and Shazam. Navigation and maps come in handy.

Comment

• pmc100
      pmc100 commented
      Editing a comment

Get the Equaliser app. System wide graphic equaliser. Makes a huge difference when listening on headphones.

SwiftKey is an excellent alternative keyboard.

Last.fm obviously. The Spotify app is **************** for some reason.

TimeClock is a great time tracking tool.  

Google Sky Map is fun.  The Kindle app is wonderful.  Google Reader's app is better than the website, imo.  NYT, BBC & NPR News all have nice apps.  Facebook, Picasa and  Gmail intergretion w/ ICS are great.  FB populates your Contacts w/ pictures and contact info.  I've finally got FB set up as an okay news agregator as they've improved filtering on the News crawl.  Instagram is fun.  I use QR Droid for qr code reading.  .  

My favorite app is BuildCalc, but unless you're cutting rafters and stair jacks it's not that handy.

Comment

• BATCAT
      BATCAT commented
      Editing a comment

G Strings is a really nice tuner.

The are lots of good metromome apps.

Google Drive is really useful.

You bank may have a good app.

Plasma Sound is a really impressive theremin-type app.

BeyondPod is great for Podcasts.

• magentaplacenta
      magentaplacenta commented
      Editing a comment

jamesp wrote:The Kindle app is wonderful.  Google Reader's app is better than the website, imo. 

How does these work?  One thing I want to do is grab some books from Project Gutenburg (http://www.gutenberg.org/) as I have around a 50 minute train ride (each way) commute every week day.  I always read, so I'm going to give reading a go on the phone.

I use FlightRadar 24 like a radar screen while I watch commercial airliners flying nearby. I'm a bit of an airplane junkie.

On my tablet, I like to use World News Live24. It offers a range of live TV broadcasts from around the world, like BBC, CNN, NHK, Al Jazeera, etc. It's very good and reliable, but it only has around 20 broadcasters, so the variety could be richer. If anyone has another really good app that shows live TV around the world, suggest away.

Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
    Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

• jamesp
      jamesp commented
      Editing a comment

Flipboard is nice if you want one news aggreator instead of several separate apps.  The wife loves her iBird Pro.  And I fogot Shazam, the app that IDs songs from audio.  

You can get a ton of free public domain books for the Kindle app, too.

Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
    Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

Working...
    X