Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave Lombardo out of Slayer for Australian tour...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Lombardo out of Slayer for Australian tour...

What the hell it seems like bands treat drummers the way NHL teams treat goalies these days.   Thinking they're all the same and may as well pick one up on the cheap. The Bill Ward/Sabbath thing and now this.  Too much business and not enough music in the old music biz today..(from KNAC.COM)

Unfortunate news SLAYER fans. Drummer Dave Lombardo appears to be out of the band for their scheduled Australian tour. Dave has issued the following statement:

"I want to personally apologize to all of our fans in Australia who have bought tickets for the tour expecting to see me in my usual place on the drums.

So that you all know the truth, as of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I

that sucks!!
    You can get UNLIMITED Roadside Assistance with the Motor Club of America, it beats AAA hands down.To CHAT 1 on 1 about this click here:http://tinyurl.com/auoozslTo SIGNUP:http://tinyurl.com/arwunv2

Comment

That's ****************ed.

Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
      Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

• omni
        omni commented
        Editing a comment

KK is a dick and a half.

They're the Eagles, 'cept only metal.  I reckon he who sucks teh satanz caulk teh longest, getz awl teh monies.

Why couldn't the guy who shot Dimebag Darrell chose KK instead? 

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Mav64
        Mav64 commented
        Editing a comment

Here's Slayer's official response to Lombardo's charges. Damn it sounds very similar to the Ward/Sabbath dispute...

"Slayer confirms that Jon Dette (Testament; picture below) will drum for the band on its Australian tour that starts this Saturday, February 23 in Brisbane. As regards [to] Dave Lombardo

• noisebloom
        noisebloom commented
        Editing a comment

3shiftgtr wrote:

They're the Eagles, 'cept only metal.  I reckon he who sucks teh satanz caulk teh longest, getz awl teh monies.

Why couldn't the guy who shot Dimebag Darrell chose KK instead? 

I like Slayer, and although I'm not a fan of KK, I would not want to wish Dime's end on anyone.

Working...
    X