Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ's radio show

Last night I was browsing some Carl Verheyen stuff on youtube... well guess who was on a recent edition of Oscar Jordan's radio show?  I know it has probably been discussed numerous times, but I don't know how to search with the new format... how can you access JJ's old radio shows?  I'd like to hear the Verheyen one.

Oscar, did he play any guitar on your show? 

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

I interviewed Carl last week, and yes he did bring his guitar.  He is the coolest of the cool and we got into a lot of stuff.  All the shows can be heard for free on iTunes.

Here's what's happening on today's episode.

Friday at 2pm PST unlock the mysteries of Pete Thorn's (Melissa EtheridgeChris Cornell, Don Henley) amazing pedal board on Oscar's Guitar Shop. Also hear the actual voice of pedal guru Analog Mike in one action packed episode.

The show can be downloaded the next day for free on iTunes here:

Under the podcast section look for
    Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

Now you have got Pete Thorn on there?  I will have to reinstall i-Tunes.  I have been using spotify since my computer crashed.  I definitely want to check it out.  5pm est is a little hard for me to be online.. I am thankful for the i-tunes download. 

Great interviews with Carl Verheyen and Pete Thorn.  Whose up next?  I feel Phil X around the corner... he's LA based and just released a new Drills album. 

Comment

• Jimmy James
      Jimmy James commented
      Editing a comment

Yer Blues wrote:

Great interviews with Carl Verheyen and Pete Thorn.  Whose up next?  I feel Phil X around the corner... he's LA based and just released a new Drills album. 

Coming up is:

George Lynch

Adrian Legg

Johnny Marr

Frank Gambale

Scott Henderson

Craig Goldie

Al McKay

Tony Maiden

Bumblefoot

Trevor Rabin

The Josh Smith interview was pretty cool.  He is a couple years older than me and when I was a kid my Mom took me to see him at a small bar 2x.  It must have been during his big SRV phase because I remember thinking "wow.... this kid is exactly like SRV".   I think the first time he wasn't singing, but he was by the 2nd time.  He was already so much better than me and has also improved a lot more than I have in those 15 years.

Comment

• Jimmy James
      Jimmy James commented
      Editing a comment

Yer Blues wrote:

The Josh Smith interview was pretty cool.  He is a couple years older than me and when I was a kid my Mom took me to see him at a small bar 2x.  It must have been during his big SRV phase because I remember thinking "wow.... this kid is exactly like SRV".   I think the first time he wasn't singing, but he was by the 2nd time.  He was already so much better than me and has also improved a lot more than I have in those 15 years.

Nice guy too.

Working...
X