Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I have even posted this?

So in Dec. AT&T tells me they no longer support my 8 year old analog phone. So I use an upgrade and get an iphone. It's got a lot of fancy gadgets on it. One is a camera.

So I'm in my teaching room and I think that I haven't checked my technique in like forever. When was the last time you actually, up close, reviewed your left hand technique? So I put my phone on the music stand and play a couple of choruses of a 16/8/8 modal thing. I touch the screen wrong and it asks me "Publish?" and has a couple icons, youtube being one of them. So I hit 2 buttons, come up with a few tags, and boom it's on youtube.  That wasn't my intention....but holy ****************....from my phone?....I was/am in "stunned geezer" mode....

Problem is, I don't really like these kinds of "Here's me practicing" kinds of things. I mean, I guess it's ok for it to be out there, but it's not something I would watch unless it was a friend or something. I probabally won't do another one.

What do y'all think of these kinds of youtube videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRZJTEN1oWQ

(sorry, imbedding is impossible. Damn thing won't let you paste the link.  I miss vbulletien)

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

The problem with these kinds of videos is that most of them suck. That is definitely not the case here.
    Holy schnikies!!! That's some mean playing, man! Seriously awesome!
    My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

• gennation
      gennation commented
      Editing a comment

I watch my technique fairly frequently. It's how I developed/realized the slow technique vs fast technique thing.

• rsadasiv
      rsadasiv commented
      Editing a comment

micwalt wrote:
      The problem with these kinds of videos is that most of them suck. That is definitely not the case here.
      Holy schnikies!!! That's some mean playing, man! Seriously awesome!

+1

(now you can post a follow up video which just shows your right hand )

Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

• mosiddiqi
      mosiddiqi commented
      Editing a comment
      Man.....you can seriously play. I'd watch any amount of that. Excellent!

Thanks for all the kind words fellerz. I appreciate that you even took the time to listen. 

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Gary Blanchard
      Gary Blanchard commented
      Editing a comment

3shiftgtr wrote:

Thanks for all the kind words fellerz. I appreciate that you even took the time to listen. 

I appreciate that I took the time to listen, it was my gain!

• Tribal Techie
      Tribal Techie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, always figured you for a badass with strong jazz leanings and high end chops. Confirmed!

Most def. 

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

• Mav64
      Mav64 commented
      Editing a comment
      Disgusting........................................ ....ly good!

Hmmmm. Probably not.

Comment

Working...
    X