Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody busk? Or have you ever busked?

As in busking?  Any stories? 

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Had a heavy lunch today, think I'm busking right now.

Oh, I'm sorry, you're talking about bums playing music. No, never done it. Have hopped a few freight trains though, seen a lot of things out on the road. Saving up to go to Alaska soon, the last frontier.

Comment

• 3shiftgtr
      3shiftgtr commented
      Editing a comment

rickenvox wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry, you're talking about bums playing music. No, never done it.

Ya oughta try it before you go callin em bums.....some take it seriously.

Sure.  Find a good location, drop all pretense of artistic integrity, and play "Brown Eyed Girl" every fifteen minutes (which is well beyond the turnover rate of almost every street audience).

Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

• rsadasiv
      rsadasiv commented
      Editing a comment

I'm sure we've had this thread before, but here's the story a world-renowned violinist busking in the DC metro.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

Chicken Monkey wrote:

Sure.  Find a good location, drop all pretense of artistic integrity, and play "Brown Eyed Girl" every fifteen minutes (which is well beyond the turnover rate of almost every street audience).

If I ever play in another cover band, which I am sure I will, I'm suggesting a reggae version of BEG. 

Was on the road in the 90's and got screwed over by a booking agent 2 weeks into a 2 month run. Had a week with nothing to do and no money, so we stopped off in 3 cities on the way to the next gig. One each day, and busked to make some money.  Several times as a group and several times we split up. I remember that when we split up, the drummer made the most money.  But we made enough to feed ourselves buy hotels, and get to the next gig.

Our plan worked, and I learned that busking is a ****************ing bitch. It's the ultimate in "get to the point" musicianship/entertainment.

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

What you talking about Louis?

Comment

Working...
      X