No announcement yet.

I detest children's hospital programmes...

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I detest children's hospital programmes...

Seriously, they piss me off beyond anything else. Aside from the fact that they treat the slightest little thing like it's a big deal, the artificial cheeriness and the overall attitude that despite living in the 21st century, in the First World West, with some of the world's most advanced medical technology and surgeons, even the slightest procedure is an undertaking as dangerous as climbing Mount Everest.

FFS, resources are wasted on this crap. Sprained wrists and cut knees are not TV-worthy.

FYI: I'm not being derogatory to those parents of children with serious illnesses, but I find putting that sick child on TV to be something of a suspect move, and I can't see how the melodrama these programmes turn out to be helps anyone.
    Originally Posted by Motorik

[Prog rockers are] all babes. It's like the Miss World contest, but with sudden changes of time-signature.

I had no idea there was a show like that.

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Not much upsets me, but seeing very sick or injured children on reality TV shows bothers me a lot, especially because I'm a parent. I always worry about my (almost 2 year old) daughter's safety and health, and seeing that kind of stuff just makes me worry more.

Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
      Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

• Calum
        Calum commented
        Editing a comment

I don't like seeing ill kids on telly.