No announcement yet.

Do you like this amp and is it worth $50,000

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like this amp and is it worth $50,000

Amazing sounding mint conditioned EL34 based Dumble1x12 (EV 12L) Combo. It's a mid 90's 100W model: HRM overdrive circuit with Skyline EQ. The subject amp has no breaks/issues/dings/mods, period and it's 100% original. 

It's on Ebay if you would like to purchase.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

In Before 'Crystal Lettuce'

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

• StratoSlacker
      StratoSlacker commented
      Editing a comment

why are dumbles so highly valued?  are they made out of moon rocks and unicorn tears?  are they powered by SRV's bound soul instead of tubes?  i don't get it?

also, gazeebo

No way.  I'd have to sell my gazebo to buy that.

Comment

• benzem
      benzem commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to see how much I get for my "replica".

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

Good Clean Fun wrote:

No way.  I'd have to sell my gazebo to buy that.

Like the shirt says.... life is full of choices.

Yeah, sure, I guess, and bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
    Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

• Scratch7
      Scratch7 commented
      Editing a comment

Too thin, all the knobs'd bump into each other.

You'd think they'd sort that out for 50 large wouldn't you?

• Honkridge
      Honkridge commented
      Editing a comment

I think "Howard" laid that amp on its side and sat on it so...no

I played a SSS in the 90's and wasn't impressed. I was young and my playing was much different.

I plaed a mint 80's OD50 A couple years back. I came.

They are like no other amp if you play a certain style. It is the most touch sensitive, dynamic amp I have ever played. The gain was at 2:30 and it would go from clean to full crunch by how hard you picked WITH ALOMST NO LOSS IN AMPLITUDE. No volume knob of my PRS at 9 the whole time. Low output pickups make it even more dynamic.

The guy who owned it is getting plans together for a gear museum in Chattanooga. He keeps it and 2 other dumbles and a bunch of other drool worthy amps in an "amp vault" at his house and in his studio complex. And don't get me started on his guitar collection.

If 50 k meant as much to my budget as 2 K did, I'd buy it in a second.

"Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• bernardo gui
      bernardo gui commented
      Editing a comment

That amp is DEFINATELY worth 50 K......no question.

If I was a single un-married man....I'D BE ALL OVER THAT AMP LIKE FLIES ON **************** !

(BTW, that is my "dream amp)

• CannedHeat
      CannedHeat commented
      Editing a comment
      Details on this Chattanooga gear museum please....

Yes, I like it, though I'd probably prefer the 50w version better.

Worth it?  Market value based on rarity/demand:  Probably. 

Worth it to me?  Hell no.  The Ceriatone kit is tempting, though.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

RupertB wrote:

Yes, I like it, though I'd probably prefer the 50w version better.

Worth it?  Market value based on rarity/demand:  Probably. 

Worth it to me?  Hell no.  The Ceriatone kit is tempting, though.

Those Ceriatone's have really jumped up in price.  I have one of those 7/18 watt Plexi clones, but even at 7 watts it is too loud to use at home and for gigs I still can't get past my Boogie.

No

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

• 1001gear
      1001gear commented
      Editing a comment

50K is worth about 500$. If I had slinger money I'd for sure look into owning one.

• rickenvox
      rickenvox commented
      Editing a comment
      no and no. Dumble amps are not used on any of my top 200 guitar albums.

I will be sending a Certified Draft which is generally acceptable to cover the cost as am completely interested. I will need the details below of whom & where to mail the payment;

1.Name to be on the check
    2.Home or office address
    3.Cellphone number

Please note that Courier Service do not deliver to P.O Box. However,
    my mover will pick up the item right after the payment as been delivered. Kindly delete the posting as am committed to buying it. I recently move here on a job transfer and it's a great buy.

Comment

• Dew Knot Humps
      Dew Knot Humps commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course it's not worth $50k, you wouldn't take an amp that cost that much to a gig and if you cranked up a 100 watt amp at home the cops would be breaking down your gazebo doors. The fascination with Dumbles is absolutely ridiculous, for 50 grand you could buy a Blackface Deluxe Reverb, a Tweed Bassman, a Magnatone M-10, a Supro Thunderbolt, a blackface Super Reverb, two plexi Marshalls and still have enough money left to **************** that $1,700 hooker that Jimmy James is into for a month. Although I'd pass on the whore thing.

Don't you mean 50 dollars, or is that yen?

"These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

Comment

Working...
    X