So it's impossible to buy ammunition these days

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's impossible to buy ammunition these days

Specifically .22lr ammo. 

I decided to put a scope on my .22 (bolt-action small game rifle), and so I went to the store to pick up some blammo to go sight it in.  I needed ~50 rounds.  Well there is none.  Anywhere.  I went online and did some googling on why this is the case.  Apparently a bunch of nuts are hoarding tens of thousands of rounds of the stuff so that they'll be able to fend off govenment opression when Obama comes to take their cold, dead, guns. 

This makes absolutely no sense to me.  If we were talking about AR's being unavailable, or 30 round magazines, I guess I can see the rush to get them before they're banned.  Not that I have any desire to buy such a thing, or that the ban really has much chance of passing the House, but at least it has some kind of connection with what's going on in the legislature. 

But .22 ammo?  The ****************?

That sucks.  I've heard you can rig a makeshift, untraceable firearm with 22 rounds, a bit of radio antenna (the section that's .22 ID, naturally) nailed to a board, and a hammer.  I bet that's it.

Or manufacturers are redirecting raw materials into the guages people are stocking up on.

Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

• 2manband
      2manband commented
      Editing a comment

Chicken Monkey wrote:

That sucks.  I've heard you can rig a makeshift, untraceable firearm with 22 rounds, a bit of radio antenna (the section that's .22 ID, naturally) nailed to a board, and a hammer.  I bet that's it.

Or manufacturers are redirecting raw materials into the guages people are stocking up on.

From what I've read on gun-afficionado forums, people are just buying a ****************load of 22 ammo.  I guess because it's cheap, so it's the easiest thing to stock up on.

****************ing doomsday preppers are cramping my style once again. 

• chainsaw fats
      chainsaw fats commented
      Editing a comment

Chicken Monkey wrote:

Welcome to the 1950s

2manband wrote:

Specifically .22lr ammo. 

I decided to put a scope on my .22 (bolt-action small game rifle), and so I went to the store to pick up some blammo to go sight it in.  I needed ~50 rounds.  Well there is none.  Anywhere.  I went online and did some googling on why this is the case.  Apparently a bunch of nuts are hoarding tens of thousands of rounds of the stuff so that they'll be able to fend off govenment opression when Obama comes to take their cold, dead, guns. 

This makes absolutely no sense to me.  If we were talking about AR's being unavailable, or 30 round magazines, I guess I can see the rush to get them before they're banned.  Not that I have any desire to buy such a thing, or that the ban really has much chance of passing the House, but at least it has some kind of connection with what's going on in the legislature. 

But .22 ammo?  The ****************?

It's not just.22 ammo brother.  It's weird. 

"These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

"
    If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are." Alice Cooper

Comment

Working...
    X