Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Like You

You all know the song, now what do you think of my improv jam over it?  All comments welcome.

2010 Fender FSR Strat w/noiseless pup's / Japanese Partscaster Daphne Blue
    Amp- Egnater Tweaker
    Pedalboard- Always changing.

Good deals with- rjbee

Find Yourself

nothing?
    2010 Fender FSR Strat w/noiseless pup's / Japanese Partscaster Daphne Blue
    Amp- Egnater Tweaker
    Pedalboard- Always changing.

Good deals with- rjbee

Find Yourself

Comment

• Yer Blues
      Yer Blues commented
      Editing a comment

Spend some time working on getting your bends in pitch and using vibrato with some conviction.  There are a lot of things you can do with bends (half step, full step, bend and release, prebend, 1 and 1/2 step bends, etc, etc), but they need to be on pitch.  There's also a lot you can do with vibrato, but it needs to sound like you mean it.  What works for me is listening to players I admire and trying to get certain phrases/notes exactly like the record so I can figure out when I play a certain thing it sounds a certain way.  Then wrap all that up into your own playing.  Youtube is also helpful because you can get some really closeup shots of just how much guys are actually moving the strings with their vibrato.  I'd drop fooling around with the tremolo bar until you get this stuff down... if you are going to use it the same things apply.

Also, you can find karoake versions with the vocals removed on youtube.  That allows you more flexibility to play over it, but you can also work out the melody on the guitar. 

Let your ears guide you.

Working...
X