Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Habits that Brits don't get...

Is this guy full of **************** or is this real? And if they're real...why?

Love Americans as we do, there are some cultural proclivities that will baffle British expats for as long as we live here.

1. Flossing
    Digging sharp string between your teeth everyday is standard oral hygiene procedure in America. We know we

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

100\% correct. 

It mostly comes down to the fact that we think you are a bunch of fat, over-bearing, anal morons weebz

Attached Files
    Last.fmgoodusername wrotemc100 is an utter **************** but completely correct

Comment

• fanuvbrak
      fanuvbrak commented
      Editing a comment

pmc100 wrote:

100% correct. 

Then you should floss.

fanuvbrak wrote:

my husband and I recently checked out of a B&B after a two-night stay. Instead of bidding us farewell with a firm handshake and a receipt, the owner

RIP Ironmonger

Originally Posted by lawboy

The day you find an Axl Rose song on my iPod will be the day pigs fly and Republicans tell the truth.

Comment

• Scratch7
      Scratch7 commented
      Editing a comment

#4 is a charming habit and practiced quite frequently around here, not least by me.

#11: Freedom

Comment

• the_huge
      the_huge commented
      Editing a comment

Yes. 

I quite often talk to people.  Whilst I am aware that some people consider me 'odd', I don't think that I am mad.

I can't hear any of you over my freedom

Comment

fanuvbrak wrote:

Is this guy full of **************** or is this real? And if they're real...why?

Love Americans as we do, there are some cultural proclivities that will baffle British expats for as long as we live here.

1. Flossing
      Americans have better teeth than Brits.  Most men don't compulsively floss...those who do are seen as OCD nitwits.

2. Compulsive baking
      I've never noticed this.

3. Sending personalized holiday cards
      No one I know does this.

4. Talking to strangers unprompted
      This does not happen in New York.  If someone talks to you out of the blue, grab your wallet.

5. Whooping
      As far as I'm aware, this only happens in New Jersey and in the South.

6. Compulsive sentimentality
      This doesn't happen in New York.

7. Drinking milk
      Bleah.

8. Ordering supersize portions
      We have lots of food.  That's why everyone hates us.  We have all the food.

9. Taking home leftovers
      When you have as much food as we do, it's a shame to waste it.  Our leftovers could feed your village.

10. Eating breakfast together

This simply doesn't happen, unless you end up at a Diner late night (4am-5am) with friends.  If you've slept, you don't eat breakfast with anyone. 

Clarified.

Comment

• DdBob
        DdBob commented
        Editing a comment

carrying your rifle in the back window gun rack of your pick-up truck....Love it or leave it

Nevermind floss, do brits even know what toothbrushes are?

Comment

Working...
      X