Any Porsche Fans?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Porsche Fans?

'Bout a week old.

Ungodly fast and you can drive it home to mama.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Yes, but not so much the newer models with electric steering and paddle shifters.
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
      Yes, but not so much the newer models with electric steering and paddle shifters.
      The old school seems to concur. I've spent all of 20 minutes in a 70s 911. Mighta been an S - I forget. I was the passenger and we were barely going 60. Nothing else sticks in my memory. So manny tranny and steering are kinda meaningless to me. I do know the experts all concur PDK is better and if they have issues with the electric power smearing, they can deal with it.

Comment

My brother in law has a 2007 Boxster. His 2004 had major engine issues about three years ago. A friend of mine raced an air-cooled 911 in SCCA. Another owner cautioned me not to buy one since it seems the dealer's cash register only works in $1,000 increments. I believe they are generally well built automobiles. Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Skoda, and other auto companies are now owned by Volkswagen AG.
        Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Sports cars, planes, boats and women are more fun when owned by others.

Just sayin.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Youtube'll do for me. No way I could drive fast - under any conditions

Comment

Any Penny Porsche fans.
              Me not so much, but I like Les Paul's. As long as you don't do something dumb to em. like put robot tuners on em.

If I had 100,000 grand plus to put towards a car.
              I have my head examined and move, Probably buy a pick up truck. and be up a few bucks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aOmdyQr_700b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	32108964

Comment

• 1001gear
                1001gear commented
                Editing a comment
                Buffy the Vampire Slayer deluxe.

Who has that sig goes "I spent most of my money on fancy cars, fast women, and booze. The rest I just wasted."

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
              Sports cars, planes, boats and women are more fun when owned by others.

Just sayin.
              You think so, Mike? I've had a chance to try out a few fast cars over the years and I can tell you, that stuff is addictive.

Comment

Hall of Famer

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                  Any Penny Porsche fans.
                  Me not so much, but I like Les Paul's. As long as you don't do something dumb to em. like put robot tuners on em.

If I had 100,000 grand plus to put towards a car.
                  I have my head examined and move, Probably buy a pick up truck. and be up a few bucks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aOmdyQr_700b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	32108964

That stand's a little gaudy and gauche (it reminds me of the leg lamp in A Christmas Story), but what a beautiful guitar!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

That stand's a little gaudy and gauche (it reminds me of the leg lamp in A Christmas Story), but what a beautiful guitar!

It does.

Comment

Working...
                    X