No announcement yet.

other guitarists that sound like satriani

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other guitarists that sound like satriani

are there any guitar players that sound like the good old satch? i mean instrumental guitarists. it seems there are none. not people like neil zaza. he doesn't sound like satriani.

Umm, ok you can be the guy. That ventured, ( I like The Ventures more. Them and Guthrie Govan etc...) Satriani is not very satisfying as a soloist. Lacks musical discipline.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

damn... me? i don't wanna think of myself like that. or maybe i am...

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
        Umm, ok you can be the guy. That ventured, ( I like The Ventures more. Them and Guthrie Govan etc...) Satriani is not very satisfying as a soloist. Lacks musical discipline.
        At times I think he has too much discipline. His solos are very boxed and structured. It not necessarily a bad thing, but your ears may want or expect something else.
        Originally posted by MrKnobs
        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

At times I think he has too much discipline. His solos are very boxed and structured. It not necessarily a bad thing, but your ears may want or expect something else.
          Maybe I wurdid uncoreck. He has a distinctly poser style with a melody. I prefer and listen for a smarter kind of melodic development.

Comment

Originally posted by mbengs1 View Post
            damn... me? i don't wanna think of myself like that. or maybe i am...
            he is the one...

Comment

I sound like Satriani, when ever I want.
              I got his style in my of playing just like I took in Rhoads, Malmsteen, Vai , SRV, Hendrix, EVH and everything my ear were exosed to.
              I notice guys of limited technical abilities, always slam those who very technical, but then again , it got ridiculous in the 1980's, it got too acrobatic and songwriting took a ride in the trunk.
              Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 06-30-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I have so - so guitar chops but that has no deterrent effect on my musical views. Players like Govan, Greg Howe, Scott Henderson on and on, get my attention with their wit and melodic intellect. Not so Satriani.

Comment

That's the thing about soloists, you have to find your thing because two of you aren't going to make IMO. Steve Vai was a student of Joe Satriani but Steve Vai is easily identifiable when you hear him. I don't know of any Joe clones but others that are just as skilled with there own thing:
                  Jeff Beck
                  Buckethead
                  Steve Vai
                  Eric Johnson
                  Malmsteen
                  Peter Frampton's "Finger Prints" great instrumental album
                  Michael Angelo Batio (some of his, awesome)
                  Johnny Hiland.

With the exception of Peter Frampton, the rest are/or start as guitar player's guitar player. Meaning their biggest fans are guitarists. 2 cents worth.
                  "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

"
                  If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are." Alice Cooper

Comment

Might want to check out Tony MacAlpine. I think my favorite of his offerings was 'Maximum Security'. When you realize that it's him also playing piano/keys on that album, it makes him that much more impressive. He's just as much of a monster on piano as he is on guitar.
                    http://thekiltlifters.com

Comment

Chris Impelliteri
                      Last edited by TheForkWigger; 08-14-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X