No announcement yet.

instrumental metal as a genre of music

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instrumental metal as a genre of music

is there such thing as an 'instrumental metal' genre? a band like metallica or megadeth that doesn't have any vocals.

Blotted Science.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• mbengs1
      mbengs1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, thanks for that info. I checked out the band and they are fantastic.

I think there's a lot of stuff out there. However, it's very hard to do well. I think a lot of it is going to be prog metal.
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Oh yeah. If it doesn't say core at the end I forget.

Comment

What if the vocals sound like someone moving furniture?

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          Or worse, the singer sounding like the cookie monster trying pass a gall stone
          Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 06-02-2017, 01:36 AM.

I got caught up in the Shed Guitar movement in the 1980's, keeping up with Malmsteen's, Vai's, Satriani's, Angelo's and what ever guitar acrobat that came along.
        It got pretty ridiculous, everybody started to sound a like, songwriting started to a backseat at times and got sterile quick.
        Eric Clapton and Eddie Van Halen, gave up the burden of being of being "Guitar Gods" and still kicked very strong music and proved there is LIFE AFTER SHRED !!!!
        Some people who seen me play in the 1980 in clubs, were surprised to see me playing Blues and other kinds of Rock music with feeling and dynamics, in recent years.
        Shred will never die, there's a new generation of young guitar slingers coming around and some are pretty damn good too.
        Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 06-02-2017, 02:00 AM.
        How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

Lotta dem is gurlz.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post
            I got caught up in the Shed Guitar movement in the 1980's, keeping up with Malmsteen's, Vai's, Satriani's, Angelo's and what ever guitar acrobat that came along.
            It got pretty ridiculous, everybody started to sound a like, songwriting started to a backseat at times and got sterile quick.
            Eric Clapton and Eddie Van Halen, gave up the burden of being of being "Guitar Gods" and still kicked very strong music and proved there is LIFE AFTER SHRED !!!!
            Some people who seen me play in the 1980 in clubs, were surprised to see me playing Blues and other kinds of Rock music with feeling and dynamics, in recent years.
            Shred will never die, there's a new generation of young guitar slingers coming around and some are pretty damn good too.
            ​That's interesting. did you gig yourself back in the 80's or did you just stay at home?

Comment

I don't think Clapton was ever a Guitar God. I would say Hendrix and VH were. Clapton is known more for song writing, as opposed to amazing guitar technique.
              Originally posted by MrKnobs
              God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

This guy asked me to hook him up.

Comment

Working...
                X