No announcement yet.

if people just acted like people...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if people just acted like people...

instead of just trying to be ourselves we seem to want everyone else to be us too? boring.
    my p0asting days were numb bird... now im done... bye.

Comment

So, you're saying people want people to be people like people they think they are?

If I happened upon a man who considered himself only, alienated all humanity and stoically shunned contact with other humans as a life goal to remain reclusive, would his life have any meaning in the absence of society?

It's one thing to be okay living alone and enjoying what living off the land can provide, and altogether something else as a recluse where society is necessary to give weight to the reclusive behavior a person wears like a badge.

I think the latter, the recluse, is the conduct spoken and displayed by the people you are addressing. They will shun and openly disdain the behavior of others but, for their just desserts, they must maintain close contact with those they disdain if living must carry a measure of meaning.
      Fisher House Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
        So, you're saying people want people to be people like people they think they are?

If I happened upon a man who considered himself only, alienated all humanity and stoically shunned contact with other humans as a life goal to remain reclusive, would his life have any meaning in the absence of society?

this kind of sort of sums up an Hindu aesthetic or followers of Saivism... are you implying you have access to wisdom that transcends that of Bhagavad Gita as it is?
        perhaps we should define terms such as "meaning to life" and to what end "society" is needed in order for any life to have meaning?

It's one thing to be okay living alone and enjoying what living off the land can provide, and altogether something else as a recluse where society is necessary to give weight to the reclusive behavior a person wears like a badge.

I'm not sure I'm fit, nor are you or anyone else for that matter, fit to judge another? nor would I care to be burdened with such responsibility or karmic baggage, ive enough as it stands..

I think the latter, the recluse, is the conduct spoken and displayed by the people you are addressing. They will shun and openly disdain the behavior of others but, for their just desserts, they must maintain close contact with those they disdain if living must carry a measure of meaning.

well... probably much shallower than this. I was more or less wondering why some of us seem to require our friends to be clones of ourselves for whatever reason? and to what degree some take the task of selection... but your thoughts have given me pause to stop and consider some of the other possible meanings when I poast such vague drivel .

Comment

The dark web is too scary.
          Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

have some warm milk and get in your jammies...

Comment

Yeah, ahmma spend October like that. So creepy this Halloween stuff.

Comment

I have friends from many different backgrounds. I get together with them separately, as their interests and points of view are very different and they would have a difficult time being part of the same conversation.
                Originally posted by MrKnobs
                God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

thank you for getting this... it matters less that we agree than to choose to find the beauty in our differences.

Comment

If I were Hallmark you were just hired.

Comment

lollol...

Comment

Originally posted by Voltan View Post
                        thank you for getting this... it matters less that we agree than to choose to find the beauty in our differences.
                        Exactly!
                        Originally posted by MrKnobs
                        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

I know people that act just like people.

Comment

It started with forums but Facebook gave everyone the ability to instantly judge and write about it on every subject darn near everywhere and it became a drug. An addictive force turning people everywhere into junkies that can't help themselves.
                            "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

"
                            If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are." Alice Cooper

Comment

I think maybe these kind of things make it easier... anonymity and all that being taken into account... but still the decision to judge another being lies within the mind and heart of the person judging... don't blame technology for the inability to maintain common decency.

Comment

Working...
                              X