No announcement yet.

i need a real mic

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a real mic

im tired of this "came with the computer" mic making my recorded tone teh suck

Shure SM7

or

EV RE27

Comment

Sennheiser e609 is a decent mic
      "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Comment

Sennheiser e609 is a decent mic

i like the idea of that thing... how much difference does the big face really make though? i don't exactly have much mic experience.

Comment

describe your tunes to me in two words. I can't click on your link @ work but I will when I get home at midnight.
          teh *4L* band

Comment

describe your tunes to me in two words. I can't click on your link @ work but I will when I get home at midnight.

varied and sloppy

Comment

i like the idea of that thing... how much difference does the big face really make though? i don't exactly have much mic experience.

Not much but it's a good sounding mic.

Comment

Are you near a decent music store?

you can't go wrong with either the Stein or shure. Both are good upgrades and affordable. I am not familiar with the EV
                teh *4L* band

Comment

I've found that it's easier to hit the "Sweet" spot with it. It take a lot of decibels before it distorts. I love hanging it from the amp strap(clean set-up and no mic stand)
                  "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Comment

Well you guys' suggestions are pretty much the main two I've been looking at for a while; the sm57 and the Sennheiser.

Comment

Well you guys' suggestions are pretty much the main two I've been looking at for a while; the sm57 and the Sennheiser.

Don't get the 57, it has a very tight field and off axis response is terrible, that means position is critical and it's easy to get a bad sound out fo them.
                      The e609 sounds better and is more forgiving in terms of positioning.

Comment

Don't get the 57, it has a very tight field and off axis response is terrible, that means position is critical and it's easy to get a bad sound out fo them.
                        The e609 sounds better and is more forgiving in terms of positioning.

I'll prolly go with the e609 then. The SM57 would prolly be a lot of extra hassle compared to the e609... would have to get a stand for the SM57 which would take up valuable space, plus like you said the positioning hassle... = too much time getting stuff perfect and not enough time makin music.

Comment

Neumann U87

very funny

Comment

Working...
                          X