No announcement yet.

Nicotine wins.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicotine wins.

I fell off the wagon. I haven't bought a pack of smokes since the first week of May. After cheating a lot in the last 2 weeks, bumming from co-workers and friends when having a few beers, I went and bought a pack today.

I'm going to try to keep it around 5 smokes a day. At todays prices who can afford anything else.

I'm ashamed.

*punches self in face*

But don't be ashamed, dude, quiting cigarettes is so very difficult.

I know it's not really what you want to hear, but at least you had quit for a few months, anything helps, and now that you know you can last that long, next time shoot for three months, eventually you'll put it behind you.
    Proud Member of the PaulSlagle "F" Club:

GRAF ****************ing GRAFPH

Comment

Buying that pack is the worst thing that you could have done, so you should crumple it and throw it away. I've been there so many times it's not funny.

Consider it a bump instead of a full blown fall of the wagon.
      NO!

Comment

if you absolutely must smoke, you should look into rolling your own cigs. it's cheaper, and it takes more effort, so you smoke less. instead of just pulling out the pack and lighting one, you have to gather the supplies and go through the whole process of rolling a cigarette.
        so, yeah. it's like that.

Originally Posted by Juandetejas

As I get older, I like more "music" in my music.

good trades with: Univoxer

Comment

I fell off the wagon. I haven't bought a pack of smokes since the first week of May. After cheating a lot in the last 2 weeks, bumming from co-workers and friends when having a few beers, I went and bought a pack today.

I'm going to try to keep it around 5 smokes a day. At todays prices who can afford anything else.

I'm ashamed.

*punches self in face*

Don't get too bummed. It happens to all of us.

If you can. It may help to go buy some chew or some nicotine gum. If you're just getting going again that may be enough to keep you on track.

Good luck.

Comment

Don't sweat it dude it happens to the best of us...have you tried Chantix? It was the only thing that got me to quit for good...I guess some people have had some bad dreams from it but I didn't have any side effects at all...
            Originally Posted by co&cafan808

chevybusa ****************in delivers the lulz!!!

Using and abusing Reason 4.0 (with tons of ReFills) and Logic 9 (with tons of soft synths, VSTi's and plug-ins)
            via
            a Yamaha S80 (with 2 FC7's, an FC5, an FC3, and a BC3a) and a Behringer BCR2000
            on
            a 4GB 2.53GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Mini
            with
            AKG K77 headphones or M-Audio BX5a Deluxe monitors.

Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer

Ahhh...John Cage. The ultimate troll.

Originally Posted by Anderton

Just remember...machines don't kill music, people do.

Comment

Don't get too bummed. It happens to all of us.

If you can. It may help to go buy some chew or some nicotine gum. If you're just getting going again that may be enough to keep you on track.

Good luck.

That's how I've always done it. Chew the gum for a week, and then cold turkey. I've always done fine for about a month, and then I'm cheating, and then I'm right back at it.

I know how it goes, you either smoke or don't smoke. It's all about the willpower.

Comment

Each time I've tried to stop and I couldn't bum one I'd go looking around the house and my car for cig butts that still had some tobacco on them. You can say I was scrapping the bottom when I was combing my backyard for them. After a couple of days of this ridiculous ritual I'd cave in and buy a pack, promising myself that I'd smoke only a few from then on. It was truly pathetic.

And yet as of today I've been smoke-free for 5 years and 3 months now. You just have to accept that there are going to be some bumps along the way, but you have to persevere.
                NO!

Comment

That's how I've always done it. Chew the gum for a week, and then cold turkey. I've always done fine for about a month, and then I'm cheating, and then I'm right back at it.

I know how it goes, you either smoke or don't smoke. It's all about the willpower.
                  It's more than willpower. In my experience you only need it to fight the strong and sudden urges, which fortunately for me only lasted for a few minutes at the time. The 4 things that really made me succeed in stopping were:

1. I really wanted to stop. No half-assed, wishy-washy "I'll try"'s.
                  2. I accepted the fact that I'd have a few "bumbs" along the way.
                  3. I didn't abruptly stop my smoking rituals. E.g. If I used to go outside the office to smoke at 10am, I'd still go outside. I'd walk around a bit for a few minutes and then go back inside.
                  4. I avoided social situations where drinking and smoking were involved.

It's not impossible.
                  NO!

Comment

I'm on a quit plan. Been taking Chantix for 1 month and I must say, it severely lessens the urges and cigarettes don't satisfy or taste good like they used to. Seems like a much more realistic goal for me to stop altogether.

Good luck man
                    hi

Comment

Each time I've tried to stop and I couldn't bum one I'd go looking around the house and my car for cig butts that still had some tobacco on them. You can say I was scrapping the bottom when I was combing my backyard for them. After a couple of days of this ridiculous ritual I'd cave in and buy a pack, promising myself that I'd smoke only a few from then on. It was truly pathetic.

Been there done that. I'm at day 3 of no smoking. todat i found a pack in my car and gave it a quick shake just to make sure it was empty.
                      "It belongs in a Museum......But the Museums don't want it."
                      "Sharks don't take things personally, Mr. Brody".

Comment

get back on the horse, son...

Comment

Pussy.
                          >deluxerecordings> .....coming soon

In the meantime.....here are some old songs

Oh...and you can watch this too if you like...

Comment

Quitting smoking is a bitch. I've done it twice

The first time, cold turkey which was really, really hell. I was so ****************ed, my handwriting changed. The second time with nicotine lozenges which was a lot easier, that was 4 years ago. The one thing I know for sure, about me anyway, is that I can't ever be an occasional smoker.

Nicotine is a bad drug. Viciously addictive and it doesn't even get you high.

Don't give up trying to quit; that ****************'s so bad for you you're going to have to stop someday.
                            A number of words mean "fool" in various keys. A brinjah is a comical person; to brinja is to play the fool. Fool can be an adjective meaning foolish: "Cho, man! You too fool!" - or as the abstract noun, foolishness: "De whol a de nex week Wasp wid him fool fly up an dung."—Frederic G. Cassidy

Comment

Smoke weed instead.

Why pay the govt $$ taxes to kill yourself with toxic tobacco.?

Comment

Working...
                              X