No announcement yet.

New Johnny Cash album

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Johnny Cash album

I didn't know anything about this, but I got me a copy as soon as I heard about it. One of the few country ****************ers I like.

His last few albums, with Rick Rubin, proved to be some dark ****************in' ****************!! I guess this is the rest of those sessions.

I think I'm gonna watch me some dirty movies....and have Cheetos for breakfast

-Cee Gee

Lo, there do I see my father
    Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning
    Lo, they do call to me
    They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
    Where the brave may live.
    Forever.......**************** SALT!!!!

www.theopenjam.net

Wow, talk about resurrecting one's career.
    Poo Haiku

Sometimes when I fart
    I am fooled by my bowels
    Oops, I did a poo

Comment

Johnny Cash is teh pwn!

And yeah, those last couple albums...if you don't listen to them with the right mindset, or are already depressed......or are just really ****************ing hammered...then they can be kind of a downer.

Originally Posted by lewey

it's a very small hummer... it's like honda crv or something... doesn't have the presence and threat of H2 on the road

not the best vehicle to scare homos in miatas

Comment

Johnny Cash is teh pwn!

And yeah, those last couple albums...if you don't listen to them with the right mindset, or are already depressed......or are just really ****************ing hammered...then they can be kind of a downer.

Yep....the ****************er is just amazing! The Rick Rubin produced stuff is really one of a kind. We've discussed this before......who else could take NIN's "Hurt" and make it more ****************ing depressing.

And everytime I hear "I Hung My Head".......

Also.....this last one, is really worth checking out. It's called "American VI : Ain't No Grave".

-Cee Gee

Lo, they do call to me

www.theopenjam.net

Comment

He even made a Depeche Mode song sound legitimate. That's quite the feets of strength!
          hi

Comment

I was once waiting in front of a doctor's office for them to open from lunchtime. There was an old man, a middle aged woman, some nerdy fat kid, a black woman in her 30s or so, and myself. One of us mentioned Johnny Cash and every single person chimed in on how they LOVE Johnny Cash.

Just goes to show, it's reeeally hard not to like him
            hi

Comment

Yep....the ****************er is just amazing! The Rick Rubin produced stuff is really one of a kind. We've discussed this before......who else could take NIN's "Hurt" and make it more ****************ing depressing.

And everytime I hear "I Hung My Head".......

Also.....this last one, is really worth checking out. It's called "American VI : Ain't No Grave".

I own I - V and will buy VI too; thanks Nero. I grew up with Cash's music, watching him evolve as an artist and a man. His passion shone through his music whether it was dark & brooding or celebratory & bittersweet. Life is dark, brooding, celebratory and bittersweet no matter how we try to deny it.

one of my fondest childhood memories is listening to my Dad play & sing Cash I need coffee...

Comment

I own I - V and will buy VI too; thanks Nero. I grew up with Cash's music, watching him evolve as an artist and a man. His passion shone through his music whether it was dark & brooding or celebratory & bittersweet. Life is dark, brooding, celebratory and bittersweet no matter how we try to deny it.

one of my fondest childhood memories is listening to my Dad play & sing Cash I need coffee...

There's just something about him, I really don't even know what it is. I through VI just drip with emotion (and not that homo emo crap either). It's actually kind of cool to hear someone like him who was basically part of the Nashville type old school country, do that much with someone like Rick Rubin, this is the guy that brought the world Danzig, Slayer and after years of crap....the new Metallica album (the one that redeemed them). Maybe he got John to tap into something that noone else ever did.

Even the rock covers he took on were unreal. Personal Jesus, Hurt, Rusty Cage....

He's just one of those artists (and I normally hate using that word, but he actually was) who had something to offer anyone, regrdless of age or what genre they usually listened to. I would honestly recommend people not familiar with this part of his career to run out and get everything he released between 1996 and 2010.

-Cee Gee

Lo, they do call to me

www.theopenjam.net

Comment

I was once waiting in front of a doctor's office for them to open from lunchtime. There was an old man, a middle aged woman, some nerdy fat kid, a black woman in her 30s or so, and myself. One of us mentioned Johnny Cash and every single person chimed in on how they LOVE Johnny Cash.

Just goes to show, it's reeeally hard not to like him

I think he was one of those guys that had the ability to take a song and make it his. I remember the first time I heard the NIN cover. I was ****************ing blown away. Same with Personal Jesus. If I remember right, I think that's John Frusciante playing on it too.

-Cee Gee

Lo, they do call to me

www.theopenjam.net

Comment

And in case there's one or two people here who haven't heard it!

-Cee Gee

Lo, they do call to me

www.theopenjam.net

Comment

-Cee Gee

Lo, they do call to me

www.theopenjam.net

Comment

Johnny was a helluva guy. He worked his ass off the last few years of his life to leave us with all this great music.

Comment

I think he was one of those guys that had the ability to take a song and make it his. I remember the first time I heard the NIN cover. I was ****************ing blown away. Same with Personal Jesus. If I remember right, I think that's John Frusciante playing on it too.

I love the rolling salloon piano in there

hi

Comment

a bit of gospel and then on to your regularly scheduled programming

hi

Comment

testify
                              =========+=========+=========+=========+========+= =====
                              Originally Posted by braif

We need a multi-linqual international special STFU liaison officer around here

Comment

Working...
                              X