Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my dads treatment costs are up to $100,000 in about 2 months...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my dads treatment costs are up to $100,000 in about 2 months...

20 radiations, second chemo starts today, 1 night in the hospital, basic anti-nausea drugs. He's only paying copays right now so it's not like he even owes a small percentage of that amount...I was just blown away by the cost. He still has a surgery if all goes well. All said and done this will likely get up near the $1,000,000 if not more within a 6 month period

Now imagine that 100-200 people at this particular facility getting this treatment over a 3 month period
    Originally Posted by newbie chick

My internet brilliance hinges on finding the critical balance point of pseudo-intelligence and snarky attitude.

Originally Posted by skippydmongoose

i like boobs. but after a little while, i'm ready to take the party downstairs

Originally Posted by Mr. Awesome

All my threads are 100% serious and life changing topics, I have no time for being funny.

Wow, good thing he has insurance.

Comment

holy ****************
      hi

Comment

Some poor ladies getting hassled right now. Apparently her insurance company told her to pay the $15000 balance and they'd get her back, maybe...she's like "if I had that kind of money laying around I wouldn't need insurance." The receptionist keeps going "well did you call the business office" She's really sick too...what a world we live in

My internet brilliance hinges on finding the critical balance point of pseudo-intelligence and snarky attitude.

All my threads are 100% serious and life changing topics, I have no time for being funny.

Comment

And most of that goes to the doctor's liability insurance because people love to sue.
          8 pr boxers
          3 pr jeans
          7 tee shirts
          2 pr shoes

Comment

And most of that goes to the doctor's liability insurance because people love to sue.

I know - the Special Lady works in claims. That's a terrible job both ways

Comment

Medical catastrophes are the leading cause of people losing their homes.But some people think the current system is just fine.
              "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."- George Orwell

My music: http://www.oranjproductions.com

The first website dedicated to the the baritone guitar: http://www.thebaritoneguitar.com

Comment

Medical catastrophes are the leading cause of people losing their homes.But some people think the current system is just fine.

You have to bet that them rich right wingers in Congress have never had any issues

Comment

one chemo drug.. levamisole, was used and possibly still is an adjuvant... the going rate for the drug was $800.00 per tablet... we were buying the exact same tablet used as sheep wormer for 50 cents a tablet... same tablet, same manufacturer... the only difference was the use... tell me where all the $$ goes?
                  poast something...

Comment

one chemo drug.. levamisole, was used and possibly still is an adjuvant... the going rate for the drug was $800.00 per tablet... we were buying the exact same tablet used as sheep wormer for 50 cents a tablet... same tablet, same manufacturer... the only difference was the use... tell me where all the $$ goes?

Holy ****************

Comment

yeah... actually unholy ****************...
                      poast something...

Comment

My dad got a pacemaker last year and if I remember correctly it was nearly $30,000
                        This is my signature. No one would ever know, though, because it looks just like my post. :failol:

Comment

You have to bet that them rich right wingers in Congress have never had any issues

well not exactly.

I work for the state of MA and just like me, fedral workers including members of congress have sevral plans to choose from.

http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/

You can go to your state and see what they offer federal works
                          http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/planinfo/index.asp

If you do look at these plans offered, you well see they have many options.

When I was single I opted for a plan from a company called GIC, they said was the best plan out there. There's also others plans and other companies.

I was paying about 100 bucks every other week for my portion of the insurance. This was deducted out of my bi weekly pay check.

Now when I got married and put my wife on my plan the portion I pay went up to 230 bucks a bi weekly pay period.

It's not free, and there are deductibles too. I think I still pay 10 bucks for a dr 's visit, it might be 15 bucks now. ER visits are now 100 bucks. My wife twisted her ankle last week and we haven't gotten the bill yet, but I think it's 100 bucks and not 75 bucks any more.

Special surgery procedures have a yearly co pay for 250 bucks.

I get almost free dental for my wife and I, but they nickel and dime ya for any good dental work.

I have a eye care plan which includes a free exam every other year discount eye wear off the welfare rack for glasses. I get glasses at the optomogists off anyway.

I think hospital says are 100 bucks.

My wife just had a OGBYN check up and mammography and there was no charge for this.

Basically everybody in health care is in the business of making money, the insurance companies, the dr's, the nurses and staff, and no one works for free. I ain't driving around in any Porsche, but I'm sure many CEO's of insurance companies are.

I don't no how much welfare peeps pay, but I'm sure it's much less if anything.

The state of MA has required residents to care health insurance way before Obama care. This might be illegal, but no one here has challenged it like the State of Virginia has with the federal program.

As you know, hospital take in all, regardless of there ability to pay. Some folks after treatment just walk away and don't pay a dime. We pick up this cost through hire premiums. I have also heard of folks making well over 100 grand a year that say they don't have the money to buy insurance. I find that very difficult to believe.

If I was a senator I would have not signed the bill with out reading it first, but the Obama Bill was written by big shot lawyers and I be no one read it, nor could they. I have heard it was over 50,000 pages of lawyer jiberish..

Not to get too side tracked on you original statement, good health care is not for the left or right, but should be a something that comes with being an american. How to pay for it is a different story.

And not to get side tracked either on Kowalski father's situataion, but I hope after all is said and do, he comes out of this ok.

We take care of the poor pretty well and the rich have there own scheme going for keeping themsleves rich. It's the middle class that slipes further and further behind ever decade.

folks feel free to correct my grammer, spell and what ever, but I hope you get my point.
                          Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

but like ALL insurance, the INSURANCE company keeps 99% of the premium the doc pays. so it's still a ****************ing scam.

kowalski. hope your pop pulls through man. mojo.

Comment

That is some sick ****************ing GRRRR.

I don't know if I want to participate in society anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X