Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My greatest annoyance in life is getting asked for I'D when using a credit card...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My greatest annoyance in life is getting asked for I'D when using a credit card...

They don't ask for ID if you sign the card like scribbling some random **************** on the back is a 100% garuntee of your true identity. No one who has ever asked me for an ID has yet been able to explain the signature thing to me
    Originally Posted by newbie chick

My internet brilliance hinges on finding the critical balance point of pseudo-intelligence and snarky attitude.

Originally Posted by skippydmongoose

i like boobs. but after a little while, i'm ready to take the party downstairs

Originally Posted by Mr. Awesome

All my threads are 100% serious and life changing topics, I have no time for being funny.

In fact - the next time I get asked for ID for lack of signature I'm going to sign the card right in front of the person checkin me out and say "there you go - I'm legit"

My internet brilliance hinges on finding the critical balance point of pseudo-intelligence and snarky attitude.

All my threads are 100% serious and life changing topics, I have no time for being funny.

Comment

Well, I agree - if I got asked for ID every time I use your card it'd be a real problem.
      Ita Erat Quando Hic Adveni
      I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

"Never attribute to malice, those things which are adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Comment

Well, I agree - if I got asked for ID every time I use your card it'd be a real problem.

Comment

They don't ask for ID if you sign the card like scribbling some random **************** on the back is a 100% garuntee of your true identity. No one who has ever asked me for an ID has yet been able to explain the signature thing to me

A handful of places I go to ask for ID with a CC purchase, regardless of whether or not the card is signed. The idea is to protect you from getting ripped off.

Comment

A handful of places I go to ask for ID with a CC purchase, regardless of whether or not the card is signed. The idea is to protect you from getting ripped off.

Yes but in the situation I'm talking about a signed card is as good as an ID - so in other words if I steal someones card so long as it's signed I can proceed to use it fraudulently. Never had a place ask me for ID for a signed card. I mean how does the signature on the back prove anything? Maybe if the clerk compared the signature to the one on my lisence?? But they don't...the person behind the counter has absolutely no frame of reference for what my signature looks like nor is it likely that they're a certified handwriting expert

I got a replacement card yesterday that still has the activation sticker on the front - the guy helping me goes "I have to see an ID because this activation sticker" so I pulled the sticker off the front in front of the guy and he was totally cool with it

Man - he should get a gig with the CIA

Comment

I was kind of annoyed when 50 houses near mine were flattened by a tornado earlier this summer, but I gotta admit, this whole credit card verification fiasco is definitely the greatest of any evil. Much mojo sent.

Comment

Dude, do NOT come to Spain!!!

You have to show ID for e.v.e.r.y s.i.n.g.l.e f.u.c.k.i.n.g purchase...

Boils my ****************ing testicles, it does...!
                Count of the Holy Roman Empire, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Brazen Crown, Perpetual Arch-Master of the Rosicrucian Masons of Mesopotamia; Attached (in Honorary Capacities) to Societies Musical, Societies Medical, Societies Philosophical, and Societies General Benevolent, throughout Europe; etc.. etc... etc...

Ubi nihil vales, ibi nihil velis

Big Feckin' Eejit Formerly Known as Jacopo_Belbo

Comment

Imagine the annoyance if you didn't have credit cards. You goddam yuppie piece of ****************.
                  8 pr boxers
                  3 pr jeans
                  7 tee shirts
                  2 pr shoes

Comment

Imagine the annoyance if you didn't have credit cards. You goddam yuppie piece of ****************.

Sounds like you're pretty worked up about this

Comment

Stop shopping at Lane Bryant. Problem solved.

Comment

Sounds like you're pretty worked up about this

nope

it's all fiction, remember>?
                        8 pr boxers
                        3 pr jeans
                        7 tee shirts
                        2 pr shoes

Comment

Stop shopping at Lane Bryant. Problem solved.

I got sick of wearing moo moos made out of 10x20 tarps

Comment

I got sick of wearing moo moos made out of 10x20 tarps

pics?

Comment

I've found it to be haphazard. Some places ask all of the time, some never.
                              One place I frequent only asks for ID when you show a CC without your pic on it. That makes sense to me.
                              There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

Working...
                              X