Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread wasn't aimed at you, Newbie. I know you know an assload about automotive tech, and I know you don't enjoy fixing cars. So relax, you're good. Thid thread is aimed at dudes that don't even know how to pull codes so they can at least know how to speak with a technician.

My extent of knowledge of "pulling codes" is going to a parts house and having them hook up their computer, but I did a full rebuild on my 70 plymouth duster...so if you wanna get pissy at me, go ahead, but I hate messing with cars with computers in them.
    good deal here with tinypants. have 100% positive feedback on eBay, have a reference on BaM and on TGP also.

Before you criticize someone, you should always walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away, AND you have their shoes!

Comment

My extent of knowledge of "pulling codes" is going to a parts house and having them hook up their computer, but I did a full rebuild on my 70 plymouth duster...so if you wanna get pissy at me, go ahead, but I hate messing with cars with computers in them.

Years ago my bassist pulled up in a new Audi A4 that belonged to his Mom. I wanted to see the motor and asked him to release the latch. We heard a 'thunk' from the front of the car, but the hood didn't move. I walked around to the front to see that the grill had opened.

The grill! That's all! The hood on that car, while still having panel gaps like any other hood, was bolted down! All you could access from the grill opening was the washer fluid cap and the tranny and oil dipsticks...

Facking hell.

Comment

Years ago my bassist pulled up in a new Audi A4 that belonged to his Mom. I wanted to see the motor and asked him to release the latch. We heard a 'thunk' from the front of the car, but the hood didn't move. I walked around to the front to see that the grill had opened.

The grill! That's all! The hood on that car, while still having panel gaps like any other hood, was bolted down! All you could access from the grill opening was the washer fluid cap and the tranny and oil dipsticks...

Facking hell.

Must be the special A4 they sell to Yanks.
        Carpe ventum

Comment

Facking hell.

WTF!?

I looked at an Audi Allroad, 02, and I was able to pop the hood and see the engine with no troubles. What year was the A4?
          Signed,
          F.U.

Comment

The Audi A2 aluminium supermini had a "service hatch" that gave access to oil, washer and cooling water fillers. But even that had a lifting hood that was secured by dzus clips.
            Carpe ventum

Comment

WTF!?

I looked at an Audi Allroad, 02, and I was able to pop the hood and see the engine with no troubles. What year was the A4?

The A4 is based on the same platform as the VW Passat and Ive never heard of a Passat hood that didn't open.

The Allroad is a modified A6 station wagon.

I'm thinking that there might be a two stage opening of the hood, and the first notch is for common service items because Ive never heard of a non-operable by the customer engine access of an Audi.
              Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

A little bit of know how and a BFH are all you need to fix a car.

Comment

I have a LFH.
                  Signed,
                  F.U.

Comment

A little bit of know how and a BFH are all you need to fix a car.

A 200 ft/lbs impact wrench is far more civilized and just as effective.

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

A 200 ft/lbs impact wrench is far more civilized and just as effective.

And half as fun.

Comment

Signed,
                        F.U.

Comment

Comment

I tried it once on the job as a dare and I about killed myself with an electric jackhammer. I couldn't even pick up a pneumatic hammer.

JRK, The fun is finishing the job and discovering that you did it correctly.

Can't you tell I'm kidding around?:arg:

Comment

Can't you tell I'm kidding around?:arg:

Sometimes I can.

Comment

Sometimes I can.

Comment

• Working...
                                  X