Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And take it to a shop that treats your car like a dog(I used to deliver auto parts I know how they treat peoples cars) They break **************** all the time using impact drills and charge you $100 for a $5 part

We had to fold our invoices up cause if the customer saw how much they were being scammed they'd get pissed real quick

I'm no stranger to getting ripped off by automotive shops (especially dealerships), but now I have a mechanic that is damn good, damn honest and actually pretty cheap comparitively...he's also a very likeable guy..even if he is a Republican
    Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

I'm no stranger to getting ripped off by automotive shops (especially dealerships), but now I have a mechanic that is damn good, damn honest and actually pretty cheap comparitively...he's also a very likeable guy..even if he is a Republican

Ahh in that case you're good then, A personal mechanic is awsome, but I will never take my vehicles to a shop though. Most of em are ****************************s too.

A likable pub? The world is ending
      It is said, to become famous, one must make a deal with the Devil. Well, where is his bitch ass at? I am ready to sign...........in blood.

Khemical Official Myspace Page

Reverbnation

The Pope. God's representative on earth, who is so sure of his faith that he has to be driven around in a bulletproof ice-cream van.

Or maybe that's just to attract the kids... -Gallus

Comment

Took my Saturn to a local shop on a regular basis, as recommended. Didn't matter. The brakes wore very quickly, and the (now notorious and apt) ring problem revealed itself at 77000 miles.

I always suspected the brakes were not good. Research says the GM brakes of that time indeed were inferior.... my brake wear on the Subie is normal, so I know I wasn't putting more wear on the Saturn brakes than I ought. But I also am not completely enamored with that shop. So the Subie goes to the dealer's shop.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

Neither are $2000 cars, but I want a decent vehicle for wheelin so I figure I'll buy a ****************ty Wrangler or XJ, and fix it up over time, while continuing to drive my '04 Grand Cherokee... which is too new and useless for off road.

I got a 89 ford ranger 4x4 for stuff like that, built like a tank, simple to fix, and no electronics! And the best part is that as soon as I save enough I can junk out my 2.9 v6 and tranny along with ac and all the other bs, and put a 302

Comment

People buy newer cars based on looks, but they put a bunch of bull**************** sensors(You DON'T need a cam sensor!!) in them to make you take it in more($$$), they're built with **************** plastic, and in general are ****************. They won't be around in 20 years.

I think the purpose of the cam sensor is to alert the ECU that the timing belt has slipped.
            Signed,
            F.U.

Comment

Wrong answer, Felix. The cam sensor tells the ECU when to fire the plugs.
              Signed,
              F.U.

Comment

I just noticed I still have a bumper jack laying around Those things are dangerous as hell don't care much for bottle jacks either.
                It is said, to become famous, one must make a deal with the Devil. Well, where is his bitch ass at? I am ready to sign...........in blood.

Reverbnation

The Pope. God's representative on earth, who is so sure of his faith that he has to be driven around in a bulletproof ice-cream van.

Comment

Sorry to break into these stories.
                  I was a pro tech. MB, BMW , RR, Bentley.
                  Anyhow....

Comment

Unneeded in a standard engine. But the moment you introduce variable valve timing, the cam sensor becomes critical.
                    Wrong answer, Felix. The cam sensor tells the ECU when to fire the plugs.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

Took my Saturn to a local shop on a regular basis, as recommended. Didn't matter. The brakes wore very quickly, and the (now notorious and apt) ring problem revealed itself at 77000 miles.

I always suspected the brakes were not good. Research says the GM brakes of that time indeed were inferior.... my brake wear on the Subie is normal, so I know I wasn't putting more wear on the Saturn brakes than I ought. But I also am not completely enamored with that shop. So the Subie goes to the dealer's shop.

Get some Ray Bestos pads, Unless you brake badly they'll last a long time.

I put the RB advanced technology rotors & pads on most of my vehicles and haven't had a problem with them ever.

Reverbnation

Comment

Unneeded in a standard engine. But the moment you introduce variable valve timing, the cam sensor becomes critical.

Yes, as is the crank sensor.
                        But they only need to mark a spot. Like TDC
                        The computers control the curves.

Comment

Neither are $2000 cars, but I want a decent vehicle for wheelin so I figure I'll buy a ****************ty Wrangler or XJ, and fix it up over time, while continuing to drive my '04 Grand Cherokee... which is too new and useless for off road.

I got a 89 ford ranger 4x4 for stuff like that, built like a tank, simple to fix, and no electronics! And the best part is that as soon as I save enough I can junk out my 2.9 v6 and tranny along with ac and all the other bs, and put a 302

Comment

Install Performance Friction street HP pads or Hawk on the Saturn.
                            Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

No.

Comment

It's gone now. I liked it; it was an incredible mileage machine and was generally serviceable.

But I'm glad I've got the Subie. The handling difference is like night & day.
                                Install Performance Friction street HP pads or Hawk on the Saturn.

Comment

Working...
                                X