Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wranglers normally go quite a bit more. You may want to find another one.

Yeah, I know. I'm not even looking for something to run off the bat. I really want to just fix it up and stuff myself. It'll be a bitch, but there's really no better time than college to spend unessecary amounts of money. Plus I learn quick with that kinda stuff so it should be fun..... kinda...

Comment

I worked at a car wash/gas station when I was a teenager. Women would pull in on the wrong side, figure it out, pull around to the other side, get out, realize they did it again, climb back in and do it again. Finally they'd just leave because they couldn't figure out how to position the car properly.

women

Comment

Yeah, I know. I'm not even looking for something to run off the bat. I really want to just fix it up and stuff myself. It'll be a bitch, but there's really no better time than college to spend unessecary amounts of money. Plus I learn quick with that kinda stuff so it should be fun..... kinda...

Well, I certainly appreciate your attitude. I hope you learn a ****************load and have a great time.
        Signed,
        F.U.

Comment

Well, I certainly appreciate your attitude. I hope you learn a ****************load and have a great time.

Thanks

Comment

I don't own a car

Comment

I worked at a car wash/gas station when I was a teenager. Women would pull in on the wrong side, figure it out, pull around to the other side, get out, realize they did it again, climb back in and do it again. Finally they'd just leave because they couldn't figure out how to position the car properly.

It took me a second to visualize how that might happen. So you're saying they pulled in, noted the problem, drove forward and did a u-turn to get to the other side of the pump, thereby keeping the exact same side of the car facing the pump, yeah?

Comment

It took me a second to visualize how that might happen. So you're saying they pulled in, noted the problem, drove forward and did a u-turn to get to the other side of the pump, thereby keeping the exact same side of the car facing the pump, yeah?

Precisely, over and over. Then they'd get their car washed and talk to me like I was a stupid piece of ****************. Good times.
                Signed,
                F.U.

Comment

Precisely, over and over. Then they'd get their car washed and talk to me like I was a stupid piece of ****************. Good times.

I did that once.

I hate when people pull up to a 4-inline of pumps and they pull up to the last pump in line instead of pulling forward so the next customer is forced to drive around them and nearly parallel park to get to a open pump because the genius ahead of them refused to pull forward.

There are a few people who park at the pumps to go in and purchase food, beer or a lottery ticket, not understanding that they are taking up a pump when they should park at a sport reserved for non-gas customers.
                  Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

not only auto challenged but follicley challenged also.no wonder i ve got no hope.in fact i just gave my old audi to the wrecker.just one thing after another.mind you it was 20 years old.now i got no wheels.**************** happens.sick of it.besides running a car these days is exspensive.i cant afford it.
                    the world is your crabstick

Comment

I did that once.

I hate when people pull up to a 4-inline of pumps and they pull up to the last pump in line instead of pulling forward so the next customer is forced to drive around them and nearly parallel park to get to a open pump because the genius ahead of them refused to pull forward.

There are a few people who park at the pumps to go in and purchase food, beer or a lottery ticket, not understanding that they are taking up a pump when they should park at a sport reserved for non-gas customers.

what pisses me off is the people in their little cars that bypass the gas only pumps and pull up to the only pump that has diesel to put gas in.

Comment

I'm right with ya.

I had a 76 Buick and I did a clutch plate, brakes, oil changes shocks, exhuast stuff and much more.

That thing was always busted.

I haven't had a car I could work on, nor wanted to work on since then.

Computer everthing these days and I mean everything, even the shops have tons of analysis tech stuff, I don't think they could do it without plugging the car in these days.

I don't even bother to change my oil. At 19.95 it's not worth my time.

They have free coffee and wireless.

This^ I'm confident working on simpler engines, notably boat engines, but when I look under the hood of my dads 08' tundra I cant even find the spark plugs there's so much plastic covering them. Throw in all the computer sensor stuff and I'm terrified of working on a newer generation car.
                        Setup: Gibson LP custom reissue '57 Faded Cherry or Fender Prodigy> Vox Clyde McCoy Wah>Radial Plexitube Distortion> Assortment of Boss effects> Deluxe Reverb RI
                        Good Sir, you seem to have challenged me to a battle of wit. However, you seem to have come unarmed...

He who control your information controls you, He who controls Wikipedia controls the world...

Comment

I have been a mechanic for near on 50yrs.
                          Retired with a bad back.
                          Learnt the trade in the Army at 17 and my last job was with the Sydney Bentley dealer. Magic cars!

I agree about the modern cars, you need a modem to talk to them so have no hope if it breaks down.
                          I still drive a '71 Superbug. Points and carbies. You got a fair chance of fixing it on the side of the road.
                          Cheers.

Comment

I refuse to buy a newer car. I have several cars but my favorite ones are my 94 Dodge shadow & a 1991 Jeep Cherokee and I do all the work on my vehicles. I also have a 1998 Honda Accord, 1996 Grand Am, a 1984 Ford f-150, (EDIT)and almost forgot a 1984 Jeep Comanche

A newer model car(09 cobalt) hit my jeep not to long ago, I literally got a scratch on my bumper and their car was ****************ing toast the fenders were ripped off, smashed their passenger side in, somehow even the tire rim was folded up bahahaha

I rebuild my own engines, do all preventive & regular maintanence. The only thing I don't **************** with is rebuilding transmission too many little parts and it's cheap and easy to just buy a new one and throw it in there.

I haven't had to rebuild or buy a new engine or trans for any of the vehicles yet tho(I do for my uninclined buddies tho). The shadow has 300,000 miles and still runs like a champ, the jeep has a little over 500,000 miles and is as smooth as if it just came off the assembly line.

I did put new struts and shocks on the shadow but they were original before I change em at like 250,000 miles, not too shabby if you ask me.

I recently took the shadow to Texas & back from Michigan..I'm that confident in my vehicles dependability. I think it gets like 80mpg too lol, not literally of course but it's a jew with the gas

People buy newer cars based on looks, but they put a bunch of bull**************** sensors(You DON'T need a cam sensor!!) in them to make you take it in more($$$), they're built with **************** plastic, and in general are ****************. They won't be around in 20 years.

When I buy a another car, i'm buying a 1998 or older, **************** these plastic cans they **************** out nowadays.

I hope someone hits my jeep or ford in their smartcar, Let's see how smart they feel then

BTW I only paid $300 for the shadow and $200 for the jeep Cherokee (that's why they're my favs)

Have fun with that $20,000 loan
                            It is said, to become famous, one must make a deal with the Devil. Well, where is his bitch ass at? I am ready to sign...........in blood.

Khemical Official Myspace Page

Reverbnation

The Pope. God's representative on earth, who is so sure of his faith that he has to be driven around in a bulletproof ice-cream van.

Or maybe that's just to attract the kids... -Gallus

Comment

**************** working on cars!
                              **************** it all to hell

My time is worth more than that ****************....I could spend Saturday or Sunday busting my knuckles playing grease monkey, or I could go to work for time and a half or double time, sitting at a computer surfing OJ, and make way more in the same amount of time as I spend ****************ing with the car...it's a no brainer.
                              Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

**************** working on cars!
                                **************** it all to hell

My time is worth more than that ****************....I could spend Saturday or Sunday busting my knuckles playing grease monkey, or I could go to work for time and a half or double time, sitting at a computer surfing OJ, and make way more in the same amount of time as I spend ****************ing with the car...it's a no brainer.

And take it to a shop that treats your car like a dog(I used to deliver auto parts I know how they treat peoples cars) They break **************** all the time using impact drills and charge you $100 for a $5 part

We had to fold our invoices up cause if the customer saw how much they were being scammed they'd get pissed real quick
                                It is said, to become famous, one must make a deal with the Devil. Well, where is his bitch ass at? I am ready to sign...........in blood.

Khemical Official Myspace Page

Reverbnation

The Pope. God's representative on earth, who is so sure of his faith that he has to be driven around in a bulletproof ice-cream van.

Or maybe that's just to attract the kids... -Gallus

Comment

Working...
                                X