No announcement yet.

Are you automotively challenged?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you automotively challenged?

Man the **************** up and learn how to fix your own car, you worthless sack of ****************!

Save yourself some cash, and enjoy the pride of ownership and knowing you can diagnose and fix weird **************** wrong with your car!

What the ****************!
    Signed,
    F.U.

* Grabs wrench and looks for carb......*
    It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Happy 1,600..................I can rebuild a motor and tranny, but I hate to do brakes.

Comment

Happy 1,600..................I can rebuild a motor and tranny, but I hate to do brakes.

**************** brakes. Nothing dirtier, and simpler.
        Signed,
        F.U.

Comment

**************** brakes. Nothing dirtier, and simpler.

Exhaust is both dirtier and simpler than brake repair.
          Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

Exhaust? Fix your fuel/air problems.
            Signed,
            F.U.

Comment

Exhaust? Fix your fuel/air problems.

Replacing a blown exhaust gasket or a rusted exhaust pipe/muffler is the dirtiest job in cardom, but its technically easy.
              Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

I work on our cars, unless it's something made intentionally impossible like the computer on my wife's 2005 Nissan Spec V.

Terry D.
                Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

I used to work on my cars. Once replaced the entire rear on my 72 Dart.

Not anymore. Nowadays I'm content to let the shop do it. The computer control of everything changed the game; I'm no longer interested in doing engine rebuilds.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

Id do more if I had the proper tools and a space, but I'm lousy with electronics.

I hear ya there

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Replacing a blown exhaust gasket or a rusted exhaust pipe/muffler is the dirtiest job in cardom, but its technically easy.

This thread wasn't aimed at you, Newbie. I know you know an assload about automotive tech, and I know you don't enjoy fixing cars. So relax, you're good. Thid thread is aimed at dudes that don't even know how to pull codes so they can at least know how to speak with a technician.
                      Signed,
                      F.U.

Comment

I used to work on my cars. Once replaced the entire rear on my 72 Dart.

Not anymore. Nowadays I'm content to let the shop do it. The computer control of everything changed the game; I'm no longer interested in doing engine rebuilds.

I'm right with ya.

I had a 76 Buick and I did a clutch plate, brakes, oil changes shocks, exhuast stuff and much more.

That thing was always busted.

I haven't had a car I could work on, nor wanted to work on since then.

Computer everthing these days and I mean everything, even the shops have tons of analysis tech stuff, I don't think they could do it without plugging the car in these days.

I don't even bother to change my oil. At 19.95 it's not worth my time.

They have free coffee and wireless.

Comment

Mikeo, don't you even want to know which sensor is failing?
                          Signed,
                          F.U.

Comment

every time I try to fix something it ends up costing me more money. and the last thing I want to do on the weekend after working all week is get under my ****************ing heap and bust my knuckles

Comment

This thread wasn't aimed at you, Newbie. I know you know an assload about automotive tech, and I know you don't enjoy fixing cars. So relax, you're good. Thid thread is aimed at dudes that don't even know how to pull codes so they can at least know how to speak with a technician.

That would be me. I don't even have the plug in thing to pull code, nor do I know where to plug it in.

The thing is I don't even care.

We have a 10 year old chevy with 48k on it and a 95 Nissan with like 29K on it, I had brakes done on the Chevy and the brake lines went (rust). Never an engine problem with either. I think one of sensors went off when the Chevy was under warranty.

The Chevy's going next year, as long as my wifes' job is stable.

I'm not sure what we will get, but the Chevy dealer moved to a few towns over.

Comment

Working...
                              X