Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

American religious industry: 99 Billion dollars per year.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American religious industry: 99 Billion dollars per year.....

....all tax free.

Churches pay no taxes, but consume 99 Billion dollars per year from Americans.

What say you?
    Signed,
    F.U.

I think they should start paying taxes.
    I believe we make a difference, I believe we are not alone.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by turretg
      View Post

I think they should start paying taxes.

Then they'll beg/demand for more.

The ones that give the most (in my church at least) are the senior citizens on fixed incomes. When our priest asks for more, they'll dig deeper and they'll just have to eat cheaper dog food for the week.
      member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by quilt_top
        View Post

Then they'll beg/demand for more.

The ones that give the most (in my church at least) are the senior citizens on fixed incomes. When our priest asks for more, they'll dig deeper and they'll just have to eat cheaper dog food for the week.

Precisely. The parasites will stop at nothing.
        Signed,
        F.U.

Comment

What's the price for a ticket to heaven?
          Signed,
          F.U.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Unger
            View Post

....all tax free.

Churches pay no taxes, but consume 99 Billion dollars per year from Americans.

What say you?

I have a huge problem with that. They're businesses like any other.

Also, they buy land, get it zoned CS supposedly for a church, then dump part of the land at a huge profit after the rezoning. What planning commissioner or city councilman is going to say no to rezoning for a church?

I've seen this done time and time again.

Terry D.
            Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Whatever happened to Jim Bakker when he got out of prison?
              God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Went back to preaching, I think.
                "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                -- Theodore White

Comment

one big issue with this topic is what constitutes a "church." An organization can have no members at all, but still call themselves a religious group and avoid taxes.

Comment

Hey, we should start "THE CHURCH OF OJ". We could all be priest/priestesses at the OJ church. WE could advertise that we DONT **************** little boys up the ass....and we could all pray to the "THE BIG KNOB"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Igneroid
                      View Post

Hey, we should start "THE CHURCH OF OJ". We could all be priest/priestesses at the OJ church. WE could advertise that we DONT **************** little boys up the ass....and we could all pray to the "THE BIG KNOB"

You can skip the prayers and chanting if you like, but don't neglect the collection plate.

Terry D.
                      Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobs
                        View Post

I have a huge problem with that. They're businesses like any other.

Also, they buy land, get it zoned CS supposedly for a church, then dump part of the land at a huge profit after the rezoning. What planning commissioner or city councilman is going to say no to rezoning for a church?

I've seen this done time and time again.

Terry D.

Your right. I"m in the wrong line of work, but I could not screw people over like that. I also blame the politicos for not seeing this obvious scam by some vermin in the pulpits and as servants for the taxpayers, doing something constructive to help their voting base.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedtone
                          View Post

one big issue with this topic is what constitutes a "church." An organization can have no members at all, but still call themselves a religious group and avoid taxes.

This is true. Many of these hypocrites who run these churches know the laws better than the police and politicos and exploit them to maximize profit. Time to change some religion tax law.

Money is the root to all evil. Follow the money.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by turretg
                            View Post

Your right. I"m in the wrong line of work, but I could not screw people over like that. I also blame the politicos for not seeing this obvious scam by some vermin in the pulpits and as servants for the taxpayers, doing something constructive to help their voting base.

Any politician that even hinted at taxing churches would never be reelected and might even be driven from office before his or her term expired.

And yes, that's just how stupid the populace is.

Terry D.

Comment

I went to church today with my parents at their church and the priest spent his 'preaching' time not talking about the bible but asking for $500,000 ($100k for parish savings and $400k to pay off loans).

The only bright spot to the mass was the music worship group. They were awesome.
                              member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

Working...
                              X