Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, old people that have painted walls.....question for you...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, old people that have painted walls.....question for you...

What do they call it when you paint 1 or 2 vertical walls one color and 1-3 walls another color.

We're thinking about painting our living room, dining and kitchen walls before we install wood/bamboo flooring.

I think our house is what they call an open floor plan....as those rooms are basically one big room......then there's a hall to the bathroom and two bedrooms.

Trying to research painting a single area multiple colors, but all I'm coming up with is two tone and various things I'm not looking for.
    good deals with: nearly everyone.
    Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

it's called welcome to 1974 all over again

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Dizzying. It's called dizzying.

Comment

I'm pretty sure what you describe is known as painting.

Comment

A terrible idea...that's what I call it

Originally Posted by newbie chick

My internet brilliance hinges on finding the critical balance point of pseudo-intelligence and snarky attitude.

Originally Posted by skippydmongoose

i like boobs. but after a little while, i'm ready to take the party downstairs

Originally Posted by Mr. Awesome

All my threads are 100% serious and life changing topics, I have no time for being funny.

Comment

Just my opinion Josh but you're better off going for a solid neutral color and decorating on top of it for variation. Multi colored rooms are not appealing.

Comment

Nah, my bathroom at work is painted with 2 walls (touching) muted brownish gray and the other two a muted peachy tan.

How does one determine the colors.......what are the rules....if any?

What if I want 3 colors in one big area....like our kitchen, dining room and living room?

Comment

Just my opinion Josh but you're better off going for a solid neutral color and decorating on top of it for variation. Multi colored rooms are not appealing.

It's done everywhere.....

I'm talking about solid colors.....but you sometimes you can paint a couple walls (2 touching) this color, and a couple other a different shade or complimentary color (2 touching)

Usually similar color temperatures.

In our house....there are 8 different walls of various sizes in our main "room".

in our bedroom, we just painted all 4 walls a pleasing green.

Comment

Nah, my bathroom at work is painted with 2 walls (touching) muted brownish gray and the other two a muted peachy tan.

How does one determine the colors.......what are the rules....if any?

What if I want 3 colors in one big area....like our kitchen, dining room and living room?

Just go to home depot or you paint store and pick out some paint that looks good together and compliments each other

Comment

It's done every where.....

I'm talking about solid colors.....but you sometimes you can paint a couple walls (touching) this color, and a couple other a different shade or complimentary color.

Usually similar color temperatures.

I know what you're talking about. It's usually ugly.

Comment

I'm not a fan of it in smaller rooms......because the effect becomes more apparent.

we almost HAVE to......based on the way our house is.

Unless we want our kitchen, dining room, entrance, hall, and living room all to be the same color.

Comment

I'm not a fan of it in smaller rooms......because the effect becomes more apparent.

we almost HAVE to......based on the way our house is.

Unless we want our kitchen, dining room, entrance, hall, and living room all to be the same color.

off eggshell white, go with it

Comment

We're re-doing a bunch of **************** this year.

****************ty front landscaping (if you could call it that), new exterior doors, replace ****************ty carpet with tile, cork or bamboo flooring.

We figure it's best to paint before installing the new flooring.

Comment

off eggshell white, go with it

nope. **************** that apartment dwelling attitude.

we're going to be here for at least 5 years....so yeah.

Comment

just for fuchur reference...

horizontal walls are usually called floors or ceilings...
                              my p0asting days are numb bird...

Comment

Working...
                              X