Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed my shower valve this weekend

Sink has good pressure, shower wimpy, like someone was spitting on you. So I turned the water off, got lucky old valves frozen, luckily they worked loose. The valve once apart has low flow things inside which were full of debris. Cleaned these out and now the baby rocks. It's nice to be awesome.
    The ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu, sometimes called the first libertarian thinker, said, "The more artificial taboos and restrictions there are in the world, the more the people are impoverished. ... The more that laws and regulations are given prominence, the more thieves and robbers there will be."

Wow, that's some Bob Villa ****************.

Comment

Wow, that's some Bob Villa ****************.

I used to work as a Plumber...did it for 3 years, I loved looking at how building were made.
      The ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu, sometimes called the first libertarian thinker, said, "The more artificial taboos and restrictions there are in the world, the more the people are impoverished. ... The more that laws and regulations are given prominence, the more thieves and robbers there will be."

Comment

I doubt you were a plumber. Plumber's Helper? Apprentice?

Comment

I replaced our shower valves too...but it wasn't easy. 30 year-old Moen's. I had to buy a special cartridge remover tool, then a 1/2" tap to core it out completely via a 1/2" bolt. I did both showers fine though. If anyone has these silly Moen valves, let me know. It's tricky, but quite doable...cheaper than a plumber.

Glad yours went well too.

Comment

I took a shower.

Went online and googled it.

Checked out the Audel's manual from the library.

Tried it first on my dog - he survived.

Jumped in and lathered up.

Turns out, it's something you CAN do yourself!

(if you're willing to do the prep work)
            may not play well with others...

Comment

Gee, Harry. Now you'll never get the shower massage away from the wife.
              Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Comment

Gee, Harry. Now you'll never get the shower massage away from the wife.

And she takes really long showers and refuses to talk to you.
                There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

id love a golden shower off harry

Comment

I used to work as a Plumber...did it for 3 years, I loved looking at how building were made.

modern day plumbing has really gone down hill, there's some real crap out there even at higher price ranges.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

If you're an experienced plumber, why'd you wait so long?

Comment

If you're an experienced plumber, why'd you wait so long?

Man I really don't know, you think there might be a problem? The biggest thing I was worried about was shutting valves that have been in place since 1937. They probably have been turned off but who knows when the last time was. Thy were very tough to pry free, glad they didn't snap other wise I'd still be at it.

Comment

Working...
                        X