Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a 7 year grudge , I made peace with my sister today.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a 7 year grudge , I made peace with my sister today.

After my brother passed away in '04, we got into a huge argument and haven't spoken to each other until today. We had lunch and she came over to visit the wife and son.

It's good to have her back in my life.

Grudges with family members suck. It's alright with other people (co-workers, neighbors, ex-friends...).
    member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

hil:
    Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Comment

Sweet. It's good to move forward.

Just curious, did you two settle the argument or just let it go?
      hi

Comment

Sweet. It's good to move forward.

Just curious, did you two settle the argument or just let it go?

We just let it go. I blamed her for my brother's death and that wasn't the case. She was my scapegoat.
        member of the sg army

Comment

We just let it go. I blamed her for my brother's death and that wasn't the case. She was my scapegoat.

Ouch. Good on ya for moving forward with it all
          hi

Comment

I'll hold off telling you that I'm ****************ing her in the arse.
            Stupidity around here is spreading quicker than an STD at a nymphomaniac convention.

Comment

My brother died 7 weeks ago. We don't have any animosity running amuck, but the family is certainly under some strain right now. I can easily see how some of us could could push each other away if we aren't careful. It sucks man. Good to hear you had some good healing. Gives me some hope
              hi

Comment

blood is thicker than water as they say
                the world is your crabstick

Comment

After my brother passed away in '04, we got into a huge argument and haven't spoken to each other until today. We had lunch and she came over to visit the wife and son.

It's good to have her back in my life.

Grudges with family members suck. It's alright with other people (co-workers, neighbors, ex-friends...).

Going on three with mine. Last talk ended with me saying the door was open to begin behaving like adults and she had the ball. She is pretty loony and unfortunately lives with my mother which puts a major wedge in that. Mom and I talked recently and it appears she is going to sell the house and have my sister get her own place. I had it all set up to take my mom to DC and visit all the museums and sites. Sister had something come up and now mom has to sit her sickly chihuahua. Makes me furious. My mom is 71 and my sister is 44. She uses my mother like a slave and guilts her into all kinds of things that are beneficial to my sister. I hardly get to see my mom and hopefully that will change soon. Sorry about my rant. Good news for you.
                  "Laugh now, lady. After a month of eating cockroaches, you will be begging for gerbster."

"I said open your mouth, guitarman."

Comment

now mom has to sit her sickly chihuahua

may not play well with others...

Comment

Good for you! I've been down that road with my brothers a couple of times. But before my dad died he made each of us promise to take care of our mother...and Dad was the kind of guy that if you gave him an honor-promise, you kept it...because he always did. Neither brothers' wives liked me but when one of them wanted a divorce, it made it FAR easier for that brother and me to get back together. The other? Mom came first. Not before his wife, but before bickering. See, Dad stuck both of them with the concept of "honor" as well as me. We are all now good, good friends.

(funny, my BIL's wife doesn't like me either--and they are getting divorced as well. That must mean something but...I don't know what. )

Comment

That is so close you wouldn't believe it. Hers is redder in color and instead of a left eye, it has this seeping socket hole that just sort of leaks. I think it can see the future with that mutant eyehole. I have a picture somewhere. It is really something. I'll post it if I can find it.
                        "Laugh now, lady. After a month of eating cockroaches, you will be begging for gerbster."

Comment

Going on three with mine. Last talk ended with me saying the door was open to begin behaving like adults and she had the ball. She is pretty loony and unfortunately lives with my mother which puts a major wedge in that. Mom and I talked recently and it appears she is going to sell the house and have my sister get her own place. I had it all set up to take my mom to DC and visit all the museums and sites. Sister had something come up and now mom has to sit her sickly chihuahua. Makes me furious. My mom is 71 and my sister is 44. She uses my mother like a slave and guilts her into all kinds of things that are beneficial to my sister. I hardly get to see my mom and hopefully that will change soon. Sorry about my rant. Good news for you.

Family dynamics can really be a bitch.

My mom used to use the guilt card a lot but since my brother passed (the 'baby' of the family), she hasn't been her usual self and she never will be. Losing a child is the worse pain that a parent will ever endure so we've all learned to live with her new self.
                          member of the sg army

Comment

Family dynamics can really be a bitch.

My mom used to use the guilt card a lot but since my brother passed (the 'baby' of the family), she hasn't been her usual self and she never will be. Losing a child is the worse pain that a parent will ever endure so we've all learned to live with her new self.

No doubt. Dad was an abusive alcoholic and sister following in footsteps sans liquor. She has a great shtick. Bully and victim. We all suffered under his rule. I refuse to any longer. Sister is perpetuating and making my mom suffer by using her ingrained fears. Really pisses me off. My wife of 11 years is a counseling psychologist by training and has offered some very useful insights as to family dynamic. I want the cycle broken and soon. You give me some hope. I want a normal healthy relationship with my sis.

Comment

Working...
                            X