No announcement yet.

Just spent 6 days in the beautiful Pacific NW

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spent 6 days in the beautiful Pacific NW

Damn, you folks in Washington State sure have a fine spot of the planet to call home.

rains a lot
    the world is your crabstick

Comment

rains a lot

he wasn't talking about new zealand

Comment

It does rain a lot and I'm not talking about New Zealand either.

I guess that's what puts the rain in the rain forest.

the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes

Comment

I loved it when I lived in Oregon, but my job sucked. Washington is teh , also.
          It's not a lie if you believe it. ~ Art Vandalay

Comment

I have had the pleasure of visiting Washington a couple times. Beautiful country. No time right now but I have lots of pics. Country like that can make anybody a good photographer.
            hi

Comment

I have had the pleasure of visiting Washington a couple times. Beautiful country. No time right now but I have lots of pics. Country like that can make anybody a good photographer.

Eastern Washington is totally different from the coast, too.

Comment

Most people don't think about it, but Oregon has a huge high desert. Most of the state, actually.

Comment

Beautiful country. No time right now but I have lots of pics. Country like that can make anybody a good photographer.

No kidding! The landscape stuff is breathtaking, but even a stroll through a farmers market makes for some great subject, our farmers makers aren't so picturesque.

Comment

Eastern Washington is totally different from the coast, too.

We didn't go too far east , but we did drive into the Yakima valley and through White's Pass, totally different climate and geology. Loved it!

Comment

From where I sit that's the Pacific Southwest.

Comment

I love it here. So what if its a little rainy
                        http://soundcloud.com/infinite_fluxNew crappy band, Infinite Flux

Comment

I love it here. So what if its a little rainy

A LITTLE rainy?

You guys get about 12 times the rain that we get here.

Comment

One place that I've never been that I so much want to. I had a cable TV marketing job offer in OR once. I wonder where I'd be now if I took it. I would have never met my wife, so maybe not as good

Comment

A LITTLE rainy?

You guys get about 12 times the rain that we get here.

Actually, the Seattle area gets <40 inches a year. It's just spread out over 9 months. And accompanied by endless grey. I've lived here for almost 35 years and it still makes me nuts.

Just over the Cascades, though, 300 days of sunshine a year.

As you get to the Olympic coast though, it is the wettest of anywhere in the continental US. The town of Forks gets well over 100 inches/year.

Comment

Working...
                              X