Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spent 6 days in the beautiful Pacific NW

Damn, you folks in Washington State sure have a fine spot of the planet to call home.

rains a lot
    the world is your crabstick

Comment

rains a lot

he wasn't talking about new zealand

Comment

It does rain a lot and I'm not talking about New Zealand either.

I guess that's what puts the rain in the rain forest.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

I loved it when I lived in Oregon, but my job sucked. Washington is teh , also.
          Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Comment

I have had the pleasure of visiting Washington a couple times. Beautiful country. No time right now but I have lots of pics. Country like that can make anybody a good photographer.
            hi

Comment

I have had the pleasure of visiting Washington a couple times. Beautiful country. No time right now but I have lots of pics. Country like that can make anybody a good photographer.

Eastern Washington is totally different from the coast, too.
              Modern science is based on the principle "Give us one free miracle, and we will explain the rest" and the one free miracle is the appearance of all matter and energy in the universe, and all the laws that govern it from nothing in a single instant

Comment

Most people don't think about it, but Oregon has a huge high desert. Most of the state, actually.

Comment

Beautiful country. No time right now but I have lots of pics. Country like that can make anybody a good photographer.

No kidding! The landscape stuff is breathtaking, but even a stroll through a farmers market makes for some great subject, our farmers makers aren't so picturesque.

Comment

Eastern Washington is totally different from the coast, too.

We didn't go too far east , but we did drive into the Yakima valley and through White's Pass, totally different climate and geology. Loved it!

Comment

From where I sit that's the Pacific Southwest.

Comment

I love it here. So what if its a little rainy
                        http://soundcloud.com/infinite_fluxNew crappy band, Infinite Flux

Comment

I love it here. So what if its a little rainy

A LITTLE rainy?

You guys get about 12 times the rain that we get here.

Comment

One place that I've never been that I so much want to. I had a cable TV marketing job offer in OR once. I wonder where I'd be now if I took it. I would have never met my wife, so maybe not as good

Comment

A LITTLE rainy?

You guys get about 12 times the rain that we get here.

Actually, the Seattle area gets <40 inches a year. It's just spread out over 9 months. And accompanied by endless grey. I've lived here for almost 35 years and it still makes me nuts.

Just over the Cascades, though, 300 days of sunshine a year.

As you get to the Olympic coast though, it is the wettest of anywhere in the continental US. The town of Forks gets well over 100 inches/year.

Comment

Working...
                              X